Opening date: 08/12/2017
Closing date: 09/01/2018
Salary: £35,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
Our Front-end teams work on a number of projects:
Create and deliver high availability high performance checkout systems for a major global eCommerce platform
Full stack development environment including Dev Ops, Java, HTML, CSS, JS, React, Redux.
Constant focus on security
Cloud Computing opportunities on Amazon Web Services
Make use of a broad range of technologies and languages: Wordpress, PHP, Java, JS, HTML, CSS
Help define the future roadmap and features of our platform.
Full stack technologies and development environment including Dev Ops, Java, HTML, CSS, JS, NodeJS
Building world class eCommerce sites across the group including Myprotein and Lookfantastic.
Contribute towards changing the way be build and scale the company globally
Work on creating innovate and exciting iOS / Android apps in cross functional teams.
Use of Swift, Java & Scala
Get to work on both Apps and the micro services that power them with data.
With input on what makes great Apps help shape the direction and feature set of our applications.
- Full stack developer, skills in HTML, Sass, JS, Java, Node
- Skills in Dev Ops, setting up and maintaining Cloud based infrastructures
- Ability to identify problems
- Ability to attempt to solve problems
- Good communication skills
- Logic and reasoning skills
- Quick to learn and adapt to new tech environments
- Ability to work with ‘the big picture’ in mind whilst paying attention to small details
- Experience with an MVC environment is desirable
- Experience with Java Spring Framework and JSPs/String Templates is beneficial
- Experience in working in Sprints and Agile Software Development is beneficial
- Ability to communicate technical details, limitations and capabilities in a way which stakeholders, traders and other colleagues are able to understand
What we love in people:
- Attention to detail
- Open minded
- Creates change
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems