Head of Content & Social - Myprotein
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
THG Brands - Health
Myprotein, THG’s largest brand. You will find an unrivalled passion from the staff in Myprotein, whose dedication over the years have turned it into market leader in multiple territories globally. Myprotein, from production through to PR, is a large single unit working consistently to deliver rapid growth in a fast moving industry. Innovation, creativity and resourcefulness are common characteristic of the staff across all departments in this ever expanding team.
You will be responsible for the global strategy of all content and social media for Myprotein leading a team of 7 (Content Executives, Copywriters, Social Media Professionals). Combining SEO strategy withcontent creation to ensure consistent growth onsite and through the blog. You will create a contentstrategy that is relevant to the audience, SEO optimised and trend led to build trust and authority.
You will also be redefining the Social Media Marketing strategy to align correctly with the target audience and increase engagement and followers. Considering social storytelling to create campaigns that are familiar, spark emotion and consistency with branding. Using this strategy to work alongside the PR team to support press coverage where needed.
- Lead and support the Content Marketing and Social Media Executives
- Content is written in line with the brand guidelines
- Social Media output is engaging, on-brand and aimed at our target personas.
- Content is Search Engine Optimised. Blog pieces should be researched and professional, ethical techniques used to ensure best practice.
- The blog and social media sites are kept up to date at all times and visual imagery is ‘on brand’.
- Image and asset briefs are clear and well written to ensure high quality images and video assets are produced.
- Drive the process of creating your site’s dedicated Marketing calendar inclusive of content, social and wider brand campaigns. Lead your time in the planning, production and execution of this ensuring it is transparent, cohesive and strategic, being kept up to date and evolving with the industry at all times.
- Procure informative, thought provoking, problem solving and entertaining content and social for our customers.
- Plan, evaluate, monitor and be re-active to Health/Nutrition/Clothing trends
- Work with the PR team to ensure there is a variety of ‘guest posts’ with brands, ambassadors and bloggers. Build and maintain these relationships with bloggers, brands and ambassadors.
- Developing the infrastructure and driving the process of measuring and evaluating success across your team including monthly reports and orchestrating weekly team meetings.
- Ensure all content is proofread and feedback is continuously given to improve the quality of content.
- Ensure social media activity is regularly audited to ensure quality and consistency.
- Experience in a content focused role
- Experience in driving innovative social media strategies
- A degree in a relevant area of education from a top tier University – Marketing, Journalism, English, PR etc.
- A passion for digital and content marketing and demonstrated experience of how this can be used to drive measurable business outcomes.
- Good knowledge of on-page SEO best practices
- Able to bring new ideas and proposals to execute via our owned and operated digital channels and to provide valued input into marketing plans.
- Proactive mind-set and can-do attitude. Be able to identify opportunities and pursue them.
- Attention to detail and passionate about Content Marketing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Analysis and reporting of key metrics
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers