We are currently recruiting for Front End Engineers to work on our enterprise level in house eCommerce platform, working with all tech functions including Software Engineers and UX Designers to translate our business and customer needs into attractive digital experiences.
- Working in a team and with stakeholders to deliver small change and/or project work to spec and to a high standard.
- Assure all code is written to a high standard and unit tested where applicable.
- Optimise the platform for maximum speed and scalability.
- Responsible for the delivery of new user-facing features.
- Contribute to the delivery of projects within your team.
- Assist and provide advice to less experienced members of staff in day to day tasks.
- Maintain high standards in all areas of individual output. Able to contribute to forming standards and conventions.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders. Able to articulate understandable responses to non-technical members of the business.
- Previous experience working in a Front End role.
- Experience and good understanding of JS, CSS3 and HTML5.
- Understanding of pre-processed CSS platforms such as Sass or Less.
- Understanding of browser and device testing and debugging.
- Knowledge of SCRUM practices and Agile methodologies.
- Firm understanding and experience of version control and how to manage project repositories.
- Understanding of web performance and optimisation.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding of SEO best practice and principles.
- Competitive Salary
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems