Regulatory Compliance Officer - Food & Supplements
Regulatory Compliance Officer – Food & Supplements
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination and a multi-website technology company that is reimaging online retail. A two-time Sunday Times profit track winner, we are a nimble giant with a start-up mentality. Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and an intelligent approach to business, the Hut Group is fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
A newly created role, as Regulatory Compliance Officer you will operate in a critical and essential role in our market expansion plans. Accessing new geographical territories, particularly those outside of Europe, can be challenging.
Furthermore, many non-European countries do not recognise food supplements as foods and often categories them as pharmaceuticals, resulting in more stringent requirements. Using your food and/or pharmaceutical regulatory and international market access knowledge, you identify any potential barriers to market entry as well as solutions for a seamless customer experience when purchasing products from our websites.
Regulatory Compliance Officer
We are recruiting for a smart and ambitious Regulatory Compliance Officer to join our expanding Compliance team covering our food and nutrition brands, including Myprotein, Exantediet, Myvitamins, Mass and Powerman.
We are looking for both experienced food industry professionals looking to take the next step within their career as well as graduates with qualifications relating to food technology, food safety, food or science or similar.
As a Regulatory Compliance Officer you will be involved in reviewing supplier products specifications and associated information; communicating with internal and external parties with compliance related queries; supporting new product development by reviewing potential barriers and reviewing and approving product labels and marketing content.
As an international e-commerce business, you will play a key part in ensuring our customers all over the world receive high quality, safe and legal products and provide a critical role in protecting The Hut Group’s brand.
Prior experience in a similar position would be advantageous and the ability to organise and prioritise your workload is essential. Due to our continued international growth we are especially keen to speak with anyone able to speak one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Russian, Arabic, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and/or German.
In return we offer a competitive salary; a fun, fast paced environment; and an experience you’re unlikely to obtain anywhere else
- Relevant experience and/or a qualification in Food Technology, Food Law, Food Science, Food Safety or other related subject
- Experience of reviewing food, dietary supplements and/or meal replacement product recipe/specifications for compliance with European regulatory requirements
- Experience of assessing nutritional, health and other marketing claims present on websites, marketing material and labelling for compliance with local regulatory requirements
- Ability to interpret law and to provide that information in simplified, non-legal/technical terms
- Knowledge and experience of food law in across Europe. Knowledge of legislation in other countries would be advantageous
- Experience of compiling and maintaining a comprehensive database of product information
- Experience of working with a variety of internal and stakeholders, including design, marketing, purchasing and new product development.