Application Security Developer
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
The Hut Group knows that the security of all its applications is crucial to maintaining a healthy business. In order to ensure that our bespoke e-commerce platform continues to thrive, we are building a new application security development team.
The successful applicant will be working as part of a team responsible for optimising the security of all the company’s applications through investigating and testing the code, developing internal security applications.
It will be a key role for you to identify vulnerabilities, bugs and bad practices in our applications, whilst providing training & guidance on secure coding best practices to the developers.
This is a great opportunity to develop the skills needed to progress in the Application Security and Penetration Testing fields whilst working within a fast paced, dynamic business.
- Develop security features and tools.
- work alongside the application development teams on implementing, advising on all security aspects of projects.
- You will be required to perform threat modelling to assist in development projects for applications, new and old.
- Provide guidance on secure coding practices.
- We are looking for a self-motivated, person, who is flexible and will be adaptive to a very busy work environment
- Candidates for the role will need to be knowledgeable in either a field of Cyber Security or Application Development
- You will be required to have experience in a couple of the following technologies, and have a desire to learn more;
- HTML & CSS
- Spring Core
- Relational databases (MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Continuous Integration
- NoSQL databases (e.g. Couchbase, CouchDB)
- Spring MVC, Security
- RESTful webservices
- Build tools (e.g. Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- HTML & CSS
- Go Lang
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems