Production Team Leader (Nights)
The Hut Group is one of Europe's leading e-commerce company builders, with a primary focus on health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods. Owners of divisional leading brands LookFantastic.com and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Winners of the 2015 Sunday Times profit track 100 after profits on average had grown 217% a year over a three year period. Following a number one ranking in the 2014 edition of the Profit Track, making The Hut Group the only firm to win in successive years. Proud as we are of our achievements, we still have big ambitions.
Operations are at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group. We manufacture and ship to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative 900,000sq.ft. Production and Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire. We are looking for a talented Team Leader for the night shift to support our manufacturing facility and to drive a great team of people to deliver fantastic results!
Main Job Purpose:
Deliver outstanding operational performance of THG production methodologies through effective people leadership.
Key Tasks / Drivers:
Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure Health & Safety of self and others is in line with H & S at Work Act 1974 and other relevant safety legislation.
- Continually improve departmental and organisational “6S” standards.
- Maintain personal and team hygiene standards.
- Continually improve departmental and organisational quality and capability against standards.
- Ensure all quality and hygiene documentation is completed and checked daily to required standard.
- Perform and act upon results of daily machine safety checks.
- Lead the improvement of departmental and organisational safety standards.
- To maintain and sustain right first time batch culture, by following BOM’s and weighing out correctly.
- Champion quality assurance.
- Support the delivery of KPI’s for their defined area.
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of the whole supply chain.
- Attend daily performance meetings, effectively using OEE and other data measuring tools.
- Assisting in the preliminary stages of the disciplinary procedure.
- Utilising Labour to always achieve maximum output.
- Ensuring all waste management measures are being adhered to.
- Support the delivery of THG strategic objectives through strong leadership.
- To motivate team to deliver daily line outputs.
- Lead and develop all team members to become a highly effective team.
- Continually appraise all team member
- To be able to work effectively with other teams
- To lead shift changeovers
- To deliver effective shift handovers.
- Always strives to deliver short & long term business objectives.
- Holds people accountable for under performance and or poor standards of behaviour
- Understands and considers THG values
- Willing to “go the extra mile”.
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to meeting the business needs.
Attendance / Timekeeping
- Continually achieves >96.5% attendance.
- Continually achieves 100% timekeeping.
- Accepts change as part of everyday life
- Capable of running 3 Retail Lines within THG.
- Willingness to move to other departments to meet business needs
- Seeks opportunities to change for the better.
- Prepared to change hours/shifts
- To ensure area skills requirement is fully maintained.
- Ability to Learn
- Be self-driven and actively seek new ways of self-development.
- Accepts learning as a way of life.
- Demonstrates the ability to participate in a learning environment.
- Seeks learning opportunities.
- Seeks 360 degree Constructive feedback.
Lean Six Sigma
- Undertake and Show knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, by becoming actively involved in projects.
- Ensures their team Delivers >10 effective PDCA’s and CI`s in any given 3 month period.
- Demonstrates an ability to solve basic process/machine/technical problems.
- To ensure their team performs daily machine checks and acts on potential failures and counter signs their daily check-sheets.
- Lead effective “6S” activities where needed throughout the organisation.
- Contribute to effective SMED activities where needed throughout the organisation.
- Drive autonomous maintenance.
- Produce S.O.P’s for machine(s)/area in their charge.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Able to show an understanding of the value of the Operational KPI’s.
- Demonstrates their contribution in the delivery of departmental/organisational KPI’s.
- Clearly communicates the daily plans and expectations to all team members at the start of each shift.
Equipment Utilisation and Performance
- Trained in and delivering against the performance objectives of 3 machine technologies
- To be able to Perform >= 4 product changeovers to meet best proven practice.
- Able to read, understand and deliver on daily/weekly production plan
- Ensure all daily line performance boards are fully maintained by operators.
To be considered for this role you will need to have
- Experience in food manufacturing and in people management
- You should also be Computer literature with strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and professional attitude
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with the best in the business