Shift Manager - Nights
The Hut Group is one of Europe's leading e-commerce company builders, with a primary focus on health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods. Owners of divisional leading brands LookFantastic.com and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Winners of the 2015 Sunday Times profit track 100 after profits on average had grown 217% a year over a three year period. Following a number one ranking in the 2014 edition of the Profit Track, making The Hut Group the only firm to win in successive years. Proud as we are of our achievements, we still have big ambitions.
The Hut Group is a business that is renowned for investing within its employees, where technology and innovation is a forefront. If you are ambitious, driven and ready for your next challenge - Come and change the world today.
The Shift Manager (Nights) role is crucial to the overall operation; you will ensure that the night shift runs smoothly by managing the replenishment and dispatch teams effectively so that you can ensure that we can get orders out quickly and efficiently in line with customers' expectations.
You will be working with a team of supervisors and associates to ensure the safety, quality and productivity of the overall site.
Customer experience will be at the forefront of everything you do, you will ensure that all key units are replenished and in a packable location to maximise pick productivity and availability.
Main Activities / Tasks:
- Lead and manage your team of circa 200-300 associates and 3 direct reports
- Plan volume order intake vs. staffing requirement
- Plan the shift to optimize the throughput on dispatch
- Ensure that all Next Day orders are despatched before cut off with100% success rate
- Ensure that all carriers are loaded with the right parcel and collection times are met
- Maintaining stock integrity and supporting the inventory functions
- Run and update daily reports, explaining any abnormalities
- Deliver Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) through effective use of resources and management of staff.
- Monitor and report on key metrics and performance indicators to enable the accurate and timely monitoring of objectives
- Be active in identifying problems and solutions to rectify issues – see a problem, fix a problem
- Identify key members of the team for development, match people and opportunities to promote succession planning
- Manage absence and attrition through effective use of policies and procedures to ensure that labour targets are delivered.
- Prepared to challenge policies and Service Level Agreements to deliver what is best for the customer
- Recognises when others are under pressure and takes action
- Monitors progress, reviews and evaluates progress
- Commits resources to improve performance while taking action to minimise risks
- Develops and maintains a monitoring process to review performance
- Measures effectiveness and performance to ensure results are attained
- Reviews performance and progress and takes action to keep delivery on track
- Links objectives to overall business/ management plans and policies
- Creates practical and achievable plans
- Plans resources to maximise efficiency and to minimise delay and conflicting parties
- Plans and leads complex or large scale projects within the organisation
- Confidently manages others in pursuit of achieving results
- Communicates the purpose of change and encourages others to contribute to and participate in the change process
- Assesses the overall impact of change, using the situation to get best results
- Uses their knowledge of the business products and services to regularly identify business opportunities
- Can use business data, analyse trends and identify relevant business implications from this information
Considers cost implications of decisions
To be considered for this role you will need to have previous experience managing a team of c 2-300 people in a warehouse environment with automation.
You should also have
- Excellent organisational skills
- Sound Operational knowledge
- Automation background
- People management experience and line management experience in a similar environment
- Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Objective setting and managing department via KPI’s
- Promotes two way open and honest communication
- Develops a multi-skilled and flexible team
- PC Skills: Excel & Word
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business