Senior Network Engineer
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
The Networks team is an integral part of The Hut Group’s infrastructure team, delivering mission critical services to the business to provide our customers with the highest levels of service and reliability. The team is responsible and accountable for the Group’s network infrastructure including routers, firewalls, switches, and load balancers.
This role requires the ability to manage workload between BAU and project work. Previous experience in an ecommerce, gaming or web hosting company would be very advantageous.
- Pro-actively monitor the Group Network infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of new hardware / software
- Own and manage technical operation projects
- Provide out of hours’ support for critical business impacting incidents
- Be a key part of defining the infrastructure roadmap for the future
- Organised, methodical and calm under pressure
- Passionate about networking and how it can contribute business value
- Attention to detail with the ability to build, maintain and diagnose networks with a focus on accuracy
- Self-starter who actively seeks out new ways to solve new and old problems
Skills and Experience:
- Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Network Services including DNS and DHCP
- In-depth knowledge of network security
- Cisco switching - Catalyst/Nexus
- 3rd line network support & troubleshooting
- Web Site Hosting and related technology, HTTP, SSL, Load Balancing
- Cisco ASA/Firepower, Fortigate Firewalls
- DDoS Mitigation/Protection
- Solarwinds Orion NPM
- Global CDN solutions
- Network Automation
- Citrix Netscaler or other application delivery controller (advanced load balancing)
- Cisco Unified Computing (UCS) Platform
- SSL cert management
- Cisco related qualification advantageous; CCNA/CCNP
- Other recognised network related qualifications.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems