Fraud Operations Manager (Utah, USA)
Fraud Operations Manager
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.Due to continued expansion, THG is looking to recruit a Fraud Operations Manager.
About the Fraud Department
We are expanding our fraud team in Utah, covering all sides of fraud, from Awareness and Prevention to Detection and Resolution, across all our geographies. Analysts, Agents, Investigators and Management all work together and work on the most effective ways to combat fraud at The Hut Group. This team interacts with almost every other team in the business; there is never a dull moment.
The Fraud Operations Manager will be part of the team responsible for the Detection/Investigation and Resolution area of fraud – thinking creatively and doing whatever it takes to stop fraud at the front door with minimum impact on good customers. We are looking for someone with a curious and investigative nature, who understands the fraudulent mind, and can get the best out of data and people.
Overall Purpose of Role:The Fraud Operations Manager has the operational responsibility for overseeing the shift teams, including the management of rotas, performance management and development of Fraud Agents. You will be required to lead, manage & motivate an operational fraud to ensure the team’s workload is carried out effectively and efficiently and that customer detriment resulting is identified and resolved. Working closely with our UK operations, you will help to develop and implement strategies fraud in a reactive & proactive basis, minimising financial loss and recouping revenue were possible and making effective fraud decisions to maximise profit and minimise risk. You will focus on the development of operational processes, reporting, tools and systems to help deliver the key objectives of the Fraud team, mainly the reduction of fraud and chargebacks.
Main Activities / Tasks:
- The establishment of a fraud operation including the recruitment, development and training of that team.
- Effective leadership and oversight of the operational shift teams providing support & direction in line with UK guidance.
- All resource management of the Fraud operational team including the management of rotas, holidays, sickness
- Implement and maintain effective operational strategies, identifying risks and opportunities and make appropriate recommendations to improve processes & procedures.
- Provide the rest of the team and business with daily, weekly and monthly reports & updates on fraud as require
- Construct suitable training material and deliver as appropriate.
- Collaboration and relationship building with other departments in the business, promoting what the team does, why we do it and how we can help other departments.
- Represent the Department in internal and Business wide projects with the ability to forward think, plan, prioritise and make decisions ensuring that customers’ needs are met alongside management of business risks.
- Performance management and appraisal activities ensuring key competencies are maintained along with adherence to the Behavioural Framework.
- Set own and individual team goals to ensure key issues and objectives are managed and delivered.
- Implementation & monitoring of effective controls and oversight to ensure policies, procedures, quality framework & general tasks are managed appropriately with key risks identified and flagged.
- Review and monitor skill levels with the ability to recognise weaknesses in the delivery of processes or within the team and put effective interventions and/or remedial action in place to address issues.
- Manage the recruitment process including taking responsibility for induction, training and development across the department.
- Proven leadership & people management skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and highly motivated, with the ability to drive these qualities in other people
- A proven track record of adding value and positively contributing to team/company objectives
- Proactive and results focussed
- An apolitical team player who doesn’t get rattled easily and focuses on getting things done
- Fraud and/or retail experience ideally within a regulated financial services organisation
- Time management skills with ability to work to deadlines
- Effective communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Delivery of excellent customer service & applying professional standards
- Personal development and supporting others
- Ability to understand fraud exposure, manage risks, vulnerabilities and losses
- Technical skills (Office 2010)
- Open, honest and adaptable to changing situations
- Personal development and continuous improvement
Reports: To be recruited
Hours: Your normal working hour will be 9am to 6pm (42.5 hours per week), plus additional anti-social hours maybe required.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career