Software Engineering Project Manager
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
- Running projects from the initial stages, through to the delivery of the project.
- Working to agreed timescales
- Ensuring all projects are resourced, planned and controlled correctly
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders (Both Technical and Non Technical) to define the scope and solutions of projects
- Identifying and engaging all project stakeholders
- Working directly with appointed technical leads and project team members to provide support and direct as required, contributing towards the overall objectives of the project
- Following delivery, providing lessons learned and activity based actions to improve the department’s delivery capabilities
- Managing changes in scope and priorities in an effective and controlled manner
- Familiarity in dealing directly with technical functions including architecture, software development, test, release management, database, network, platform and IT operations
- A broad knowledge of project management terminology, tools and techniques
- Pragmatism to the delivery approach, giving real consideration to the best and most efficient way to plan and release solutions
- An understanding and experience of a variety of test approaches (functional and non-functional)
- Ability to plan and balance priorities whilst working towards deadlines
- Excellent communications skills with ability to get messages understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques
- Working within a large IT function specialising in the delivery and management of complex projects
- Experience of working on concurrent projects and delivering across a number of different technologies and platforms
- Experience of working within an Agile Methodology
- Qualifications in Project management
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems