Product Content Writer
We are looking for passionate writers to join our creative content team, producing descriptive and engaging product content for our range of Hut Group websites. You will join a talented team of writers to assist with writing online content for an expanding variety of categories, including: Health & Beauty, Clothing, Sports, Footwear, Accessories, Home & Garden and Gifts. A particular knowledge or interest of a product range is desirable, with the ability to work across a range of categories and adapting the tone of voice to suit the target market.
An interest in writing with excellent English writing skills is essential. Candidates will understand the nature of an e-commerce business, driving traffic and increasing revenue to our sites. You should have the ability to engage and inform the customer through unique, search optimised written copy. A content writer should have good communication skills to liaise with contacts both internally and externally. Working as part of a team is crucial.
- Writing descriptive, engaging and search optimised online content to provide accurate product information.
- Application of in-house tone of voice and ability to tailor writing style to the target market and customer demographic.
- Copy editing written content to a high standard.
- Liaising with internal contacts and external suppliers.
- Moderating customer generated content (product reviews).
- Assisting the Content Team on project work when required.
- Assisting the Catalogue Team to uphold the integrity of the data catalogue.
- Maintaining and enhancing the Hut Group product catalogue.
- A degree in English or Journalism.
- An interest in writing.
- Excellent written skills with the ability to write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- Good attention to detail and a drive to deliver the best.
- Ability to produce high quality work with a meticulous approach.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- An understanding of SEO and its benefits.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload and time effectively.
- Ability to meet business demands in a fast-paced working environment.
- To work well in a team.
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- An understanding of Google Analytics.
- Competitive salary, bonuses and staff discounts.
- Dedicated training and development.
- Joining a valuable part of the business and working closely with various teams.