Freight Manager (Import/Export)
The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand. THG’s plans for 2017 includes further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, acquisitions and international expansion.
THG has Distribution / Fulfilment centres in Warrington Cheshire, Utah, Kentucky and Poland. We are also expanding into APAC. The company is looking to recruit a Freight Manager to lead the team that manages bulk movements of stock between our distribution centres, manufacturers and suppliers.
Your primary focus will be to ensure that stock is delivered to and from the warehouses by couriers in a timely fashion, so that customer orders can be fulfilled accurately and on time. You will work with external freight forwarders and 3rd Party Logistics companies to ensure that inbound and outbound transport for THG is delivered in as efficient and cost efficient manner as possible. This is an exciting but challenging role where you will be required to work with existing 3PL partners and can also seek out new solutions and partners where this will benefit the business.
- Mentor, lead and manage performance of the Intra Company logistics team
- Maintaining and ensuring up to date knowledge and implementation of import legislation, shipping and documentation requirements for transporting products globally
- Ensuring that all customs instructions are correct and sent to agents within the appropriate timeframes for sea, air and road
- Providing support and training to other members of the Import/Export team and assisting the wider THG business as required
- To work with centralised functions efficiently to ensure that any tasks that involving or affecting carriers – including payments, Customer Services, IT & Tech , Marketing, etc.
- Establishment and produce monthly KPIs and management reports when necessary
- Ensure that queries from any other area of the business or other party are resolved in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail for use by authorities when necessary
- Dealing with queries from Freight Forwarders both internationally and in the UK regarding shipment of imported and exported goods
- Involvement with ad hoc projects as required
- Maintaining SOPs for the function in line with requirements from HMRC
- Establishment of an improvement and training road map for the team/function
- To optimise the mix of costs and service in line with the business expectations
- To continuously and sustainably ensure that THG’s customers experience the best possible service from our partners
- To propose and design logistics processes that aim to improve business deliverables
- To have a meticulous understanding of current network and key partners as well as negotiate service deliverables and cost savings
- Arrange BD meetings with senior counterparts from all our supply network in relation to delivery
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Ensure the business is compliant with regulations relevant to Logistics
- To develop excellent working relationships with our global 3PLs
To be considered for this role you will need to have
To be considered for this role you will need to have experience working in Logistics and with freight forwarders and 3PL partners plus a very good understanding of logistics. You must also have an excellent understanding of all relevant import/export documentation, rules and regulations.
You should also have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the field of Freight Management
- International experience with importing and exporting desired
- Knowledge and experience of using customs documentation packages
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Clarity in communication, as major problems could arise through inaccuracies
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
- Proven track record working in a similar role
- Highly Numerate/Analytical
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
You will also need to be based within a reasonable commute of our offices in the North West UK.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your careerAn exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business