Operational Systems & Automation Engineer
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
Our goal is to design, build and maintain a business wide automation and monitoring stack for a global online disruptor. Starting from scratch, you will be at the forefront of an internal revolution of your own design.
You will be part of a team designing, building and uniting systems to monitor, manage and maintain the global platform behind a world leader in online retail. Our objective is to create innovative solutions which can rapidly scale with our business. In the past 18 months, we have doubled the size of our server and network infrastructure, staff and locations.
We will be identifying opportunities across our business and creating innovative, efficient solutions to make us smarter, better and faster at what we do and to automate wherever we can.
You will have exposure to an array of systems, technologies and business units, learn about the operational management of business automation systems, and deliver projects to meet business requirements.
- Good working knowledge of networking and security principles
- 1+ years’ experience with Linux based operating systems (primarily CentOS)
- Basic knowledge of cloud services (AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean) and their APIs
- 2+ years’ experience with a high-level programming language (Java preferred)
- 1+ years’ experience with Windows Server (2012/2016)
- 1+ years’ experience with automation and orchestration tools (vRO preferred)
- Basic experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Icinga, TICK stack)
- A basic understanding of version control (Git, SVN)
- A basic understanding of hypervisors and virtualisation (KVM, VMware, Xen)
- Basic experience with open source SQL databases (Postgres/MySQL)
- A basic understanding of Agile development
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems