Market Access and Regulation Executive (Logistics)
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
THG shipped to over 190 countries last year and has Distribution / Fulfilment centres in Warrington Cheshire, Utah, Kentucky and Poland. The company is looking to recruit a Market Access and Regulation Executive for the Logistics team to advise and guide the business on customs regulations and documentation for shipping our goods.
You will be required to
- Handle technical details relating to international transportation such as customs regulations & any necessary documentation
- Proactively manage & troubleshoot and issues which may arise in international freight transportation
- Understand export classification requirements and driving the implementation of these for all THG products
- Maintain up to date knowledge of import legislation, shipping and documentation requirements for importing products globally
- Check and enforce accurate shipping documentation in line with Export and Import requirements from all relevant countries, such as EUR1s, Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Vet Certificates, GSP Certificates etc.
- Check the accuracy of commercial import documentation received to resolve queries in a timely way by communicating with Freight Forwarders in order to prevent delays to stock being delivered to the Distribution Centres
- Ensure that all customs instructions are correct and sent to agents within the appropriate timeframes for sea, air and road
- Provide support and training to other members of the Import/Export team and assisting the wider THG business as required
- Establish and produce monthly KPIs and management reports when necessary
- Ensure that queries, from any other area of the business or other party, are resolved in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail for use by authorities when necessary
- Deal with queries from Freight Forwarders both internationally and in the UK regarding shipment of imported goods
- You will also work on ad hoc projects as required
- Maintain SOPs for the function in line with requirements from HMRC
- Establish an improvement and training road map for the team/function
- Lead and manage customs documentation and processes for the team
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate that you have
- Proven track record working in a similar role
- Knowledge of international tariff coding and classification procedure
- Highly Numerate/Analytical
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Knowledge and experience with customs documentation
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business