Senior Data Scientist
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
We are the Data team within THG. We architect, build and create Data solutions that power our Corporate Business, Websites, and optimise our Warehouses to drive efficiency and revenue growth within the Group. We are constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do and have ambitious plans for Data within THG. We strive for a better customer experience and are helping customers have a better shopping experience and delivering their goods faster.
Within the THG Data team, the Data Science team work closely with the rest of the Data team (DBA, BI/MI, eCRM), Senior stakeholders across the business and Software Engineers. We build and run our own software; this means you will do more than just analyse data. You will identify what data is required, capture the data we need using strong engineering skills, store it, transform it and provide actionable insights leading to business value. We are building data products, that will transform how THG will work.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be an expert in several technologies such as data analysis, Python, software engineering, and know how to generate, store, analyse and present Data. You will be strong in software engineering and have a track record of building systems running in production. You will also provide technical leadership to the team and the larger THG Data community with regards to data solution design and engineering, implementation of algorithms and experimentations seeing it through to production. You will work closely with business stakeholders to identify challenges to solve using Data. This is a technical, hands-on role where you will write code, analyse and cleanse data and provide robust solutions to real business problems using the Data at your disposal.
You will be capable to manage your own workload, plan and execute projects spanning multiple members of the Data Science team.
- Provide Technical leadership and mentorship to the rest of the Data Science team
- Contribute to design in discussion with Technical Leads and the architecture team
- Strive to create the simplest, most automated solution to any problem and not over analyse
- Deliver successful Data outcomes to the business, either as part of a larger project team or individually
- Write production quality code and solutions
- Work closely with stakeholders to drive a data-driven culture, and help build the data roadmap
Experience with the following technologies is essential:
- Statistics / Mathematics / Physics and real world application of your knowledge
- Strong technical background with evidence of successful delivery from conception to solution
- Java / Scala
- Linux/UNIX experience
- Cloud Compute, either GCP or AWS
- Machine Learning
- Tableau / Any other visualisation tool
Experience with the following technologies is beneficial:
- NoSQL Databases
- Machine Learning
- Neural Networks
- Big Data
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- Technically stretching work is a given
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems