Service Desk Manager
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. The Hut Group Platform supports more than 140 million global website visitors, 5 million customers and 8 million orders dispatched worldwide across our market leading stores including www.myprotein.com, www.lookfantastic.com and www.coggles.com.
We are currently seeking an ambitious Service Desk Manager to join our established retail company in a permanent role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and driven manager looking to progress their IT career within an established company that is forever expanding and prides itself of its customer relations and staff culture.
The service desk is the eyes and ears of the entire business 24x7x365. We need someone who can develop this resource and give it more depth. You will need to review negotiate and plan new processes and procedures. Develop and deliver training and briefing to the team to ensure we bring the function to the level needed by the business. We are growing globally and as such our Service Desk needs are changing so if you have international experience more the better.
- Encourage further depth in the desks ability to fault find and fix. Organising training from other teams
- Improve the communications used by the Desk and sent to the entire company. Translate the technical to a language understandable by the non-technical whilst maintaining relevance and accuracy
- Look for and implement specific views and probes of the services to ensure we are monitoring the right systems, services and cycles.
- Be the Service Desk evangelist, go forth and sell it as a service to the business, listen to the requirements and desires of the ‘internal customers’ and look to develop and implement the solutions they require.
- Automate processes and monitoring where appropriate
As a Service Desk Manager you will:
- Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 7x24 basis
- Perform staff scheduling to ensure Help Desk coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required
- Invoke problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery
- Manage the Help Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Solves problems and makes decisions on a daily basis relative to Help Desk responsibilities. Ensures that effective Help Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions
- Interfaces with users of technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department. Resolves problem situations in a professional manner.
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Hit the ground running with a good level of initiative, common sense and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Driving and understanding metrics
- Motivating and developing/coaching staff
The following will be highly desirable:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent
- Five or more years as an IT Manager, three years of which much be directly managing a Service / Help Desk
- Well versed in supporting Windows/Linux environments
- Experience with supporting users on a worldwide basis
- Strong customer service, performance/people management, team building, and motivational skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems required
- Presents exceptional written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Ability work with little supervision preferred
Competitive Salary + Benefits + Bonus