Fraud Investigations Manager - Online (Northwich, Cheshire)
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
THG’s Intelligence and Investigations Department
We are expanding our online fraud team in the North West, covering all sides of fraud, from Awareness and Prevention to Detection and Resolution, across all our geographies. Analysts, Agents, Investigators and Management all sit together and work on the most effective ways to combat fraud at The Hut Group. This team interacts with almost every other team in the business; there is never a dull moment.Overall Purpose of Role: You will have a strong background in crime and intelligence either within law enforcement, military, security services, government or private sector. You will be a confident and assertive decision maker with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, with excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Hands on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion to deliver excellent online security decision making. This position focuses on fraud threats that were previously unknown to the unit including dark web, forums, OSINT, threat research and investigations. You will be setting up the unit and developing the unit’s technical capability and delivering results that protect the organisation from online criminals from a fraud perspective. Main Activities / Tasks:
- Research, evaluate, correlate, analyse, integrate and interpret information from multiple national and international sources;
- The investigation of online fraud which has been developed from intelligence;
- Monitor and automate activity on open source, social media, deep web, and other sources on a daily basis and report findings at a national and international level;
- Provide immediate analysis in the event of the identification of a fraud compromise or a credible fraud alert with a plan for resolution;
- Producing daily, weekly and monthly intelligence summaries as directed
- Proactively pull together intelligence from disparate qualitative and quantitative information sources and draw inferences and conclusions
- Facilitate communications to decision makers during national and international online fraud incidents;
- Promote sharing of intelligence internally and with external businesses, policing agencies and industry initiatives.
- Promote the work of the organisation to internal and external customers and to partner organisations
- Bring to the fore innovations in security threat intelligence to enhance the capability and reputation of the organisation as an industry leader in online fraud management
- Investigation and intelligence background, or private sector experience in areas of crime and disorder, counter terrorism or cyber-crime.
- Knowledge of the current threat environment from a cyber, threat actor, cyber weapons & tools, and geo-political online fraud perspective
- An excellent communicator with experience in delivering oral and written presentations to senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team working attributes.
- Ability to translate technical and complex information into business terms for management
- Understanding of key intelligence analysis concepts, including the intelligence cycle
- Excellent writing and presentation skills are required to communicate findings and recommendations
- Experience with Open Source Intelligence Products (OSINT) and sources
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business