Network Engineer - UK2
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
UK2 @ THG
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group’s acquisition of UK2 was a strategic opportunity to develop the existing proprietary technology platform behind our health and beauty brands. It also enhances the server infrastructure, programmatic development and platform security.
As veterans in the hosting industry, UK2 Group have been providing internet services on a global scale for over 15 years, pioneering the mass adoption of many breakthrough technologies. With experience which spans two decades, we have seen the online landscape alter beyond recognition, and have adapted our service offering in accordance with the rapid developments in hardware capabilities, data transfer speeds and global business demands.
We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer to help support a global company in multiple datacentres worldwide. This position is expected to assist in designing, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting advanced and complex IP networks in a service provider environment. The successful candidate must have knowledge and experience in theory and support of routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, GRE, and VPN technologies including IPSec and SSL. This position also requires stateful firewall support on Cisco ASA platforms. Experience designing and supporting cloud platforms with iSCSI and FCoE protocols is a bonus. On-call support is required on a rotational basis.
- Data center network design and L2/L3 protocols
- Experience with multivendor environments
- BGP routing, policies and support/theory
- OSPF/EIGRP network design and support
- IPv4/IPv6 routing, subnetting, and allocation best practices
- Design and support of VPC/MLAG environments
- Stateful firewall support and configuration
- IPSec and SSL VPN support and configuration
- Network performance and fault monitor solutions including Solarwinds, LibreNMS, Kentik, nfdump, etc.
- Designing automation tooling, building PoCs in common scripting languages (Python/PHP/Perl)
- Occasional travel to work in remote datacentres
- On-call rotation for urgent issues that require escalation from the junior team
- Knowledge and experience working with Cisco IOS-XR, NX-OS, ASA and Arista EOS
- Knowledge and experience working with Cisco VSS
- In-depth understanding of VoIP solutions including UCM and CCX
- SIP knowledge and experience along with telepresence
- 5+ years working in an enterprise, datacentre, and/or service provider network supporting BGP and IP routing and switching
- CCNP or CCDP certification or equivalent experience and knowledge
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems