Commodities Procurement Manager
The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
Due to continued expansion, THG is looking to recruit a Commodities Procurement Manager to support the Group Procurement team. This is an exciting opportunity where you will be managing and negotiating high value contracts and managing tender processes for the Group across a range of Commodities. You will be required to deliver best service, reduce costs where possible, look for opportunities for continuous improvement, innovation and quality from our supply base. The successful candidate will have experience negotiating high value contracts for commodities and needs to be based within a reasonable commute of Head office (located South of Manchester).
- Full responsibility for THG’s Commodities Procurement spend
- Determine sourcing strategies that meet the needs of the business and the Procurement team.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives, negotiate terms, instigate and complete supplier set ups and demonstrate strong market insight. Breadth of spend category is wide so good stakeholder engagement and management is essential for the successful candidate to succeed in this role.
- Gather and communicate site / business requirements to the Procurement team. For projects ensure cross functional teams have input into process from beginning and throughout duration and working with board level management on a daily basis
- Launches / implement value engineering opportunities with support from the relevant Group teams.
- Key interface with all other relevant functions - Quality / Legal / Supply Chain to ensure all new products/suppliers are known, contracts in place and robust processes implemented.
- Dairy market experience an advantage and big focus will be on Whey supply
- Experience of taking market data, interpreting this and building a sourcing plan and market forecast that will be presented at all levels within THG.
To be considered for this role you should have the following skills / experience:
At least 5 years’ experience in Procurement and 3 years in a Senior Commodities Role (ideally in Dairy)
Experience managing tender processes and negotiating contracts for Commodities
Experience of using market pricing data to support procurement decisions and an economics background and advantage
Global sourcing experience
Also needs to have strong analytical and numerical skills, problem-solving skills, commercial awareness, decision making, strong communication skills, Proficient in using Microsoft Office to a high standard, particularly Excel.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business