Head of PPC
Head of PPC (Pay-per-click and Paid Media)
The Hut Group is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We are building a world-class business with global ambitions and a disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and risk-taking – we like to move twice as fast as any normal person thinks is reasonable. That’s how the company operates and it is part of the DNA that has led to our incredible growth.
We architect, build and run our own bespoke software systems and our proprietary technology platform serves our market leading websites such as Lookfantastic and Myprotein to over 300 million shoppers globally.
PPC is our largest acquisition channel for new customers as well as our largest direct sales driver. Through our close direct relationships with Google, Bing, Yandex and Facebook, we have access to leading edge technology and data to help us locate and message the right customers and communicate about our brands.
Head of PPC Role
We have over 100 local language websites that we run across 20+ brands that we own or operate. We are looking for data-driven, numerically literate talents who would like the chance to drive the business forwards using the analytical skills. PPC is one of the most data-rich marketing channels and faces a huge amount of competition against other brands and therefore we are looking for the best Leaders who can take on the challenge of helping grow us to over a £1B in sales.
- Keeping up-to-date with the changing search and digital marketing environment, technologies and developments and sharing the knowledge
- Extensive experience of using marketing technologies including Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Google Analytics and attribution packages and associated ad campaign tools (e.g. Adwords Editor)
- A proven record working with large, complex campaigns, across large brands, industries and budgets
- Ensure the PPC team deliver campaigns according to schedules agreed, on budget and above targets set
- Running of regular 1-2-1’s with team managers, including preparation and running of appraisals
- Contribute to the production of departmental capacity models and work to these
- Regular reviews of workflow processes to ensure improvements to productivity, quality of work, documentation, training and auditing can be driven out
- Prior people management experience
- Strong knowledge of complex PPC accounts
- Great knowledge or Adwords, Bing, Facebook and other social platforms
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to identify growth opportunities within current accounts
- Unrivalled progression opportunities, especially for people who can show the value in their analytical skill sets to drive results
- Young, fast-paced culture (average age in marketing is 24.5)
- Competitive marketing salaries