Technical Lead (Java, Spring, BDD, CI)
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Design and develop large scale web applications.
- Build robust, highly scalable back-end systems to analyse customer data and support high volume transactions.
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Define and influence product strategy
- Influence / lead projects and technical direction of the product
- Responsible for definition, design, and development of Java server-side development new features and services that will be integrated into our existing architecture
Experience with the following technologies is essential:
- Spring Core
- Relational databases
- Continuous Integration
- Linux/UNIX experience
- NoSQL databases (i.e. Couchbase, CouchDB)
- Spring MVC, Security
- RESTful webservices
- Build tools (e.g. Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- HTML & CSS
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems