The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA, Illamasqua and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business.
We are looking to recruit a Packaging Technologist who will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality, innovation and commercial benefit for packaging of our leading health & beauty ranges.
- Reporting of compliance data for all packaging initiatives.
- Deliver projects from concept to go live.
- Value engineering of packaging to meet aesthetic and margin expectations
- Technical aspect of packaging development process
- Carry out initiatives from the packaging team.
- Work with the NPD/Marketing team to ensure we have full understanding of brief and support as required to meet the product criteria.
- Liaise with suppliers to source packaging, create mock ups and design proposals that are representative of what can be produced and amend as required.
- Structural assessment, sample sign off and creating packaging specifications.
- Evaluation of initial designs with the Procurement, Marketing and NPD team to ensure what is presented can be reproduced. Highlight tooling and decoration limitations and advise alternatives/amendments.
- Review of developed artworks to verify compliance with business requirements.
- Sign off and approval of technical drawings for commissioned packs.
- Manage buying teams understanding of decoration and manufacturing processes for packaging to ensure best aesthetic fit can be attained.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of packaging innovation developments with packaging suppliers.
- Challenge and manage suppliers to deliver the required standards.
- Identify high risk formulation/packaging and assess testing with suppliers. Sign off of testing that fall outside of criteria but within commercial tolerance.
- Monitoring packaging impact on operational processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with the product team to ensure a seamless process.
Key requirements and skills:
- Previous experience and a good understanding of beauty and cosmetic packaging.
- Knowledge of packaging production processes and the decoration and print processes.
- Knowledge of packaging innovation developments.
- An understanding of manufacturing and filling of cosmetics, health & beauty and bath and body product.
- Project Management skills.
- Clear and concise communicator.
- Able to negotiate and influence others.
- Team worker
- Decision maker
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business