NPD Project Manager for Beauty
The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, ESPA, Ilamasqua, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
THG is looking to recruit a Project Manager, based at our offices in Manchester to lead cross-functional project teams to deliver Beauty NPD projects covering skincare, haircare, body care and colour cosmetics. You will play an integral part in the Operations team within House of Brands.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional project teams through a stage and gate process to ensure delivery of projects on time, to quality and within budget.
- Primary focus will be the delivery of NPD (new product development) and EPD (existing product development) projects but will also other initiatives within the function such as MI (margin improvement) and site transfer·
- Working closely with 3 party suppliers, factory teams, brand teams and commercial teams.
- Leading project kick off meetings with the project team to clarify project objectives, scope and timeline.
- Owning project meetings with the project teams (setting agenda, chairing meeting, minutes)
- Developing, agreeing and monitoring project plans/timelines
- Leading and coordinating the work stream leaders and where appropriate 3rd party suppliers to ensure their inputs into the project are delivered to specification, time and budget
- Leading project risk and issue management with confidence.
- Leading the team through the stage and gate process.
- As required; provide quality pre read and presentations for the steering meeting reviews (stage and gate governance forums)
- Ensure excellent communication on all project matters, ensuring stakeholders are managed through to launch/launch evaluation.
- Having an awareness of market and or external factors which may impact project delivery
- Be confident to coach and develop NPD project teams to deliver winning NPD.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years project management experience leading NPD projects through a stage and gate process within an FMCG environment, preferably Beauty / Cosmetics.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and has a collaborative style; able to work in a fast paced growth organisation, lead teams and work within them in an environment of high change.
- Commercial acumen and a sound understanding of business and different functions with regard to the delivery of NPD, including operating with 3rd party suppliers.
- Meets challenges with confidence, maintaining high professional standards when dealing with change and ambiguity.
- Has the ability to influence, has high emotional intelligence and is an excellent and confident communicator
- Strong organisational skills with a proactive flexible approach when managing change
- Strong problem solver with the ability to multi task and make sound decisions in a fast moving environment
- Displays energy and passion and has strong personal drive and motivation
- Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
- Rapid Promotion
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career