NPD Technical Manager - Beauty
The Hut Group
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, ESPA, Illamasqua, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business.
THG is looking to recruit a smart and ambitious NPD Technical Manager to join our expanding business and Operations team. You will be responsible for managing NPD projects from a technical perspective, ensuring projects completion on time and within budget, with the highest standards of product quality. Categories of interest include Skincare, Haircare & Styling, Bath & Body, Suncare, Fragrance and Premium Colour Cosmetics. The role will stretch into new beauty brands acquisitions and their integration into the business and therefore will suit an ambitious self-starter.
About the opportunity:
- Ability to manage the project from idea to production from a Technical work stream perspective
- Be an active member of the NPD project team; working alongside the Project Manager, Marketing, Compliance, Packaging and Purchasing
- Coordinate formulation and fragrance development in order to deliver cost effective, robust, safe and innovative products and liaise with Marketing on approval.
- Coordinate and monitor all testing relating to the cosmetic products. Liaise with Compliance team to ensure all products meet regulatory standards at all times
- Establish product-specific testing protocols
- Organize and maintain systems to create all the relevant technical documentation is produced in accordance with the European legislative requirements and international compliance
- Provided Marketing with supportive material: tech sheets to assist on content creation
- Support on pilot batches, first production batches, production trials and scale-up formulations
- Be the point of contact for any sub-contracted production
- Manage Technical development costings for NPD
- Monitor and report on complaints relating to adverse reactions
- Oversee risk management, solving problems and identifying solutions
Manage the substantiation of product claims
Develop and maintain raw materials and technologies database
We are on the lookout for someone with a scientific degree, in cosmetic science, chemical engineering, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or similar. Should have at least 5 years’ experience in developing cosmetic products. Previous experience in a lab or in a manufacturing environment preferred (cosmetics and/ or other FMCG)
- Scientific background or equivalent work experience
- Ambitious, motivated, hungry for success and genuine responsibility
Working knowledge of EU, US, Canadian, Australian cosmetic regulations advantageous
Genuine passion for cosmetics and cosmetic ingredients, up-to-date with market trends and new technologies
A creative self-starter, expected to work well on your own initiative
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business