Graduate Programme- Junior Merchandiser 2017
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Sports Nutrition, Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing international operations and a unique end to end technology platform supporting our multiple websites. Our immediate growth plans include significant investment in pioneering technology innovation, further acquisitions and growth.
Our Talent philosophy is strongly geared toward creating commercial leaders able to execute business strategy and drive the continued expansion of the Group. The Hut Group has a track record in promoting and developing talent – often providing career progression way beyond that achieved or expected by your peer group.
Summary of position
The Hut Group are looking for Graduates to join at a time of rapid growth. We need passionate and ambitious people who love a challenge. If you’re a beauty enthusiast then here’s your chance to come and work with over 600 global beauty brands (including our favourites Benefit, L’Oréal and GHD to name just a few!) As an assistant merchandiser you will learn all there is to know about merchandising, working alongside our buying and trading teams supporting in the availability of our brands across our core beauty websites (Lookfantastic, SkinStore, Beauty Expert, SkincareRX, Mankind, HQHair).
For our graduate programme we look for the best graduates and provide them with an opportunity to develop bigger platforms quickly, offering real responsibility from day one. Whether it’s running one of our websites or building new functions for our unique technology platform, if you want to then you can.
With an average age of 26 The Hut Group pursues a unique, meritocratic approach to its talent. Our express aim is to identify, attract and nurture graduates who can emerge as future leaders able to run entire business units as we continue to scale globally.
- Providing seasonal forecasts to optimise sales and profits
- Preparing weekly and monthly sales reports, and interpreting and communicating this information to the team
- Identifying best and worst sellers, patterns in popular styles, sales by channel to help plan the range and appropriately allocate budget to new styles
- Forecasting sales at SKU level, using sales history, lost sales calculations and future business plans to prepare order quantities and ensure stock is ordered in timely fashion, and out of stocks are avoided
- Working closely with warehouse to arrange reporting and resolve stock issues
- Providing data for management accounts and assisting in production of annual budgets
- Checking payments, invoices, delivery notes against packing lists & purchase orders
- Reviewing processes and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure they are fit for purpose as the business grows.
Ambitious and desire to progress through a fast paced business
Interest in Merchandising
Fast track graduate programme
Highly competitive Graduate salaries