Senior Security Manager
THG are recruiting for a Regional Security Manager (North West), to report in to the Group Head of Security. You will be responsible for the security management and all security related matters for THG sites across the North West of England. You will be responsible for the design and development of key and non-key controls to protect people, assets and premises and contribute to defining and setting of physical security strategy, together with the production of operational processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation of THG Physical Security Strategy and relevant policy throughout the North of England, ensuring that all Physical Security standards are adhered to.
- Providing best in class physical security protection to THG’s people, premises and assets for their Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Management of all physical security assets and teams within the North West of England.
- Produce professionally written in depth security qualitative risk assessments for each site, ensuring they are reviewed annually or upon significant change or failure
- Identify, evaluate, mitigate and review physical security risks against known or perceived threats; applying security risk management techniques to tolerate, transfer, reduce or avoid risk, whilst providing verbal or written specialist security advice.
- Ensure that all risks and incidents are reported and formally recorded where required.
- Conduct checks to ensure the conformance of all services provided by outsourced security vendors (technical and manned solutions).
- Act as the single point of contact for all Physical Security contracts within the North both technical and manned.
- Understand that changing dynamics of the threats faced to THG and continually look to improve control measures in place.
- As required, lead and conduct investigations into breaches of physical security within their AOR as requested by line management. Establishing and highlighting any root cause security control failure, with mitigating actions to remediate against future incident.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and priorities, negotiate, resolve problems, and develop relationships at all levels of the organisation as well as with outside contractors.
- Strong ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with subordinates in geographically separated locations and provide leadership and direction.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a fast moving organisation.
- Ability to interpret program objectives and the compilation of and adherence to project timetables
- Track record for being detail-orientated with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals regarding physical security standards and designs.
- Professional security qualification such as CPP, PSP or CSMP
- Training/Experience in Crime Prevention Through Environment Design (CPTED)
- Knowledge of high end IP CCTV systems, Access Control and Intruder Alarms
- Project Management Qualification such as Prince 2 or APMP
- Budgetary control
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Established knowledge and experience in a corporate security or related environment
- Project Management qualification or proven experience in the installation of technical security systems