Buyer - Branded Menswear
The Hut Group was founded on a desire to create an e-commerce system that could support multiple retailers. Today, our proprietary platform is used to manage over 100 websites, which we build, trade and market in-house. We are currently the World’s leading Online Sports Nutrition, Health & Beauty Destination with rapidly growing international operations and a unique end to end technology platform. Our immediate growth plans include significant investment in pioneering technology innovation, further acquisitions and international expansion.
The Hut Group is the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique end to end technology platform. The Hut Group Platform supports more than 140 million global website visitors, 5 million customers and 8 million orders dispatched worldwide across our market leading stores including www.thehut.com, www.iwantoneofthose.com and www.zavvi.com.
We are looking for a Buyer, or Assistant Buyer ready for the next step in their career, to drive forward the fashion part of the business on Zavvi.com. They must have experience dealing with big brands and be able to negotiate effectively. Experience of working in a menswear branded buying environment is preferable and knowledge of Geek licenses (such as DC, Marvel, Disney, etc) would be ideal.
A positive attitude, the ability to react quickly, be proactive and use their own initiative to deliver results is key to success in this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the supply base to maximise sales and margins, developing the ranges and driving continual growth
- Continuing to grow the Geek and Music licensed clothing and accessories ranges
- Liaising with the trading team to make sure all products, ranges and promotions are planned and presented correctly
- Stock management through pricing and promotion, utilising our replenishment model to drive availability
- Developing promotional plans and obtain optimal space onsite, on emails and through affiliate partners
- Negotiating optimum trading terms with new and existing suppliers
- Ensuring all elements of the P&L are hit, including sales, margin and stock targets
- Completing regular competitor analysis to ensure our ranges and prices are in line with the current market
- The ability to coach, encourage and develop team members to reach their full potential within the business
- Recruiting new, aspirational fashion brands across clothing and footwear
- Previous experience within a Fashion Buying environment – 2 years minimum
- Experience in managing big brands
- Commercial awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing skills
- Experienced Microsoft office user, especially Excel
- Attention to detail
- Be proactive and use initiative to solve problems
- Be numbers focused, positive and enthused
- Interest in mainstream and geek fashion is desirable