PR Manager - Beauty
Overall Purpose of Role:
A truly exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the world’s fastest growing online retailers here on the Gold Coast. We are hiring for an established and highly ambitious Beauty PR Manager to work on our portfolio of well known and loved beauty websites within our Beauty team.
Candidates will ideally have a passion for the health and beauty industry, with no less than 3 years' experience in Consumer and/or Beauty PR.
In return you’ll work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. If you are an out-going, determined, and hard-working Senior PR Executive or PR Manager, who loves beauty, wants to work alongside the world’s biggest beauty brands and is looking for the next step in your career within a global group, we want to hear from you.
- Responsible for creating and executing our Australian beauty PR strategy
- Growing brand awareness of our websites amongst targeted audiences including RY, Australia’s biggest online beauty website
- Supporting PR communications in Australia and New Zealand for our in-house brands which includes Illamasqua, ESPA and Grow Gorgeous
- Support of our salons and local PR to help provide footfall
- Contributing to the management of budgets for individual projects such as press and launch events
- Building relationships with key journalists and the wider teams within the Group
- Managing celebrity influencer relationships, brand ambassador relationships and activity with them
- Managing and mentoring junior members of the team
- Liaising with media through a mix of channels, from traditional to social and consumer
- Contributing to the development and implementation of innovative and highly strategic campaigns to support the growth of our beauty portfolio in Australia Comprehensively reporting on all press office activity
Desired Skills and Experience
- Will have experience in the Consumer and/or Beauty arena in Australia
- Experience of launching brands and handling the re-brand of sites
- Experience of organising and executing events to press and consumers
- Competent in the development and management of media campaigns for beauty brands
- Excellent written communication skills, being well-versed in writing press releases and proposals
- Experience managing budgets and reporting
- Proactive with a keen eye for an opportunity and innate awareness of trends and the news agenda
- Collaborative team player with the tenacity to drive results and ambition to progress within an extremely talented team
- Friendly, positive, can-do attitude who thinks outside the box, is creative and goes the extra mile to drive initiatives
- Extensive network of contacts across lifestyle and beauty publications
- Competent in working on integrated consumer communications campaigns and can devise and implement plans with creative flair
- Good understanding of relationship between PR and SEO Able to understand DA ratings and the need to drive value through PR
- Complete training and the opportunities to learn new skills
- Support and guidance for career progression
- Competitive salary based on experience with strong performance-based bonus incentives
- The opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment
- Unlimited career opportunities as we grow
- The opportunities to work on your own projects
- The Hut Group is the #1 online destination for health & beauty and one of the world’s fastest growing online retailers.
- We architect, build and run our own bespoke software systems and our proprietary technology platform powers our websites such as RY, Facial Co, Lookfantastic, Myprotein, Myvitamins and Exante Diet.
- The Hut Group is now global; we attract more than 300 million shoppers a year throughout the world with 50% of sales coming from outside the UK.
- Winners of the 2015 Sunday Times profit track 100, profits have grown on average 217% a year over the last three years, reaching £22.6m in 2013. This followed our No1 ranking in the 2014 edition of the Profit Track making The Hut Group the only company to win in 2 successive years.