About The Hut Group
The Hut Group is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We are building a world-class business with global ambitions and a disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and risk-taking – we like to move twice as fast as any normal person thinks is reasonable. That’s how the company operates and it is part of the DNA that has led to our incredible growth.
We architect, build and run our own bespoke software systems and our proprietary technology platform serves our market leading websites such as Lookfantastic and Myprotein to over 300 million shoppers globally.
Overall Purpose of Role:
This is an exciting and challenging role where you will be responsible for a wide range of activities. You would be working in a team processing a high-volume payroll from start to finish. Previous experience in processing a high-volume payroll’s and carrying out manual calculations is essential.
Payroll Advisor Job Duties:
- Processing a monthly payroll in accordance with overtime and absence policies for over 3000 UK employees.
- Processing head office salary payments, overtime, absence and bonus.
- Previous experience processing start to finish payroll including starters and leavers, statutory payments and deductions including SMP, SSP, SPP and SAP, Auto Enrolment.
- You must also have experience of dealing with P45s, P46s, P60's.
- Carry out manual calculations of pay and can explain to employees their payslip in detail. You must have excellent communication skills as you will be dealing with queries via email and telephone.
- Auditing of all changes to the payroll/HR system.
- Compile payroll queries monthly.
- Be up to date with HMRC Payroll legislation
- Can adapt well to changes and updates within the business
- You must have Excellent Excel skills and knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extensive experience in a payroll function.
- Capable of working independently and/or with minimal guidance
- Highly numerate
- Flexible and adaptable
- Travel to Manchester
- Competitive Salary
- Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
- Staff Discounts across THG brand