Graduate Software Engineer
Opening Date: 26th October
Closing Date: 26th November
Salary: £30k - £55k
Location: Northwich, Cheshire
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business – In return we offer unprecedented career, leadership fast track opportunities and top of market compensation.
Growth & Innovation
We are looking for talented, ambitious technologists in a variety of disciplines to join our Innovation and Growth team. The innovation team is currently managed by technology leaders from Google and Amazon and staffed with the brightest Computer Scientists from Oxbridge, Imperial, ETH, Moscow, IIT and we’re looking for more outstanding individuals to join the group.
The innovation team conducts pioneering research but also is one of the leading development groups in the company. The goal of the team is truly ambitious - Using our wealth of customer behaviour data (customer visits, order history, search, click stream data) to talk to each customer personally, making them feel like we exactly know who they are and what they are interested in.
We work on cutting edge machine learning algorithms to deliver innovation that will improve user experience across all touchpoints with the customer, including product recommendations, search & discovery, on-site merchandising, automated pricing and mobile personalisation, CRM, online advertising, social media, logistics, promotions and much, much more.
As thought leaders in online retail, we are also interested in economists, mathematicians, engineers and scientists. A key hallmark of this team is the extent to which members can work with other groups, especially in more traditional business areas such as marketing, trading and buying.
Applications are accepted immediately, interviews arranged flexibly with travel re-imbursement and offers made for Summer/Autumn 2015 and beyond start dates
- Take responsibility for in-house eCRM platform & improve integration with marketing networks. Work closely with trading & marketing to gain a comprehensive understanding of technology requirements across the business. Learn to leverage the vast quantity of data produced by customers to formulate key strategic decisions. Use Big Data platform, built on Google’s Cloud services, to improve customer experience. Focus on the core services of our websites, including the creation of robust enterprise level back-end systems. Opportunity to take charge of long term projects, such as scaling our platform for global distribution & improving its resiliency. Work on a variety of bleeding edge technologies including distributed computing, natural language, machine learning & artificial intelligence. Be in a position to demonstrate awareness of how different systems interact with each other. Provide input on technical discussions and roadmaps. Present to the rest of the team and external stakeholders
- Create web applications using Java and C++
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- BSc, Msc, M.Phil, PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Java and/or C, C++, C#, Perl, Python or Ruby
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
- Real responsibility from the start of your career at THG
- Rapid Promotion to Leadership
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems