Formulation Scientist / Formulation Chemist - Beauty Cosmetics
The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA, Illamasqua and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business.
Due to expansion, THG is looking to recruit a talented formulation scientist to join our House of Brands team. This role will suit a rounded product developer capable and willing to flex between different cosmetic product development responsibilities. Categories of interest include Skincare, Haircare & Styling, Bath & Body, Suncare, Fragrance and Premium Colour Cosmetics. The role will stretch into new beauty brands acquisitions and their integration into the business and therefore will suit an ambitious self-starter.
As a formulation chemist you will be able to;
- Initiate the development process on new products;
- Develop/reformulate robust quality formulas meeting marketing's expectations.
- Lead the product development from lab to scale up.
- Perform variety of laboratory tests including stability and compatibility.
- Evaluate product properties through instrumental and other appropriate testing.
- Review materials and finished goods to determine chemical and physical properties.
- Create and/or review and approve technical documents to support developmental projects (i.e. ingredient statements, manufacturing formula card, cost formulas).
- Develop manufacturing processes for development projects
- Develop specifications for new and/or reformulated products
- Source and approve new and/or alternate raw materials.
You will also coordinate the development of cosmetic products with co-manufacturers. You will;
- Ensure they meet the team’s expectations relating to performance, quality and safety.
- Lead the development process from briefing, formulation approvals, assisting with raw material and new technology research.
- Coordinate all cosmetic testing, support with the substantiation of product claims and maintain adverse event reporting processes.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or related field required. THIS IS A MUST HAVE
- Must have 2-5 years of experience in product formulations; preferably in Skincare, Haircare & Styling, Bath & Body, Suncare, Fragrance and or Premium Colour Cosmetics
- Must have experience with laboratory equipment through laboratory experience.
- Must have experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong data management skills, included expertise searching and establishing Excel databases.
- PM experience would be a bonus.
This individual must be a self-starter and team player, and must be able to work well with little supervision. Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business