EU Nutrition & Food Labelling Compliance Officer
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion
An exciting opportunity has arisen for European Nutrition & Labelling Compliance Officer to join our Nutrition & Regulatory Affairs team. With a focus on brand protection, the Nutrition & Regulatory Affairs team plays a critical role in ensuring that our food and dietary supplement products can legally be marketed and sold all over the world. Based at our Head Office in Northwich, Cheshire, this role offers the opportunity to contribute to the global success of The Hut Group and our market leading brands.
This role will include:
- Understand food and food supplement labelling requirements in the EU country and create legally compliant labels, specifications for products
- Review of completed product recipes/specifications for compliance with internal policies and country specific legislative requirements;
- Leading the review of labelling and marketing material for compliance with regional regulatory requirements, including usage of claims relating to nutritional content, structure and function and other marketing claims;
- Review of company websites for compliance with country specific regulatory requirements;
- Proactively identifying potential issues and implementing processes to reduce and/or eradicate their impact;
- Formulation of standard responses relating to regulatory compliance issues for use within customer services and social teams;
- Upkeep and maintenance of a comprehensive suite of applicable regulations and guidance;
- Occasional travel
- Relevant experience and/or a qualification in Food Technology, Food Law, Food Science, Food Safety or other related subject
- Experience of reviewing food, dietary supplements and/or meal replacement product recipe/specifications for compliance with European regulatory requirements
- Experience of assessing nutritional, health and other marketing claims present on websites, marketing material and labelling for compliance with local regulatory requirements
- Ability to interpret law and to provide that information in simplified, non-legal/technical terms
- Knowledge and experience of food law in across Europe. Knowledge of legislation in other countries would be advantageous
- Experience of compiling and maintaining a comprehensive database of product information
- Experience of working with a variety of internal and stakeholders, including design, marketing, purchasing and new product development.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business