Packaging and Raw Materials Buyer (Beauty Manufacturing)
Packaging and Raw Materials BuyerThe Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, ESPA, Ilamasqua, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
THG is looking to recruit a Packaging and Raw Materials Buyer, based at our offices in Manchester to assist with procurement for Beauty NPD covering skincare, haircare, body care and colour cosmetics. You will play an integral part in the Operations team within House of Brands.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance
- Gather and analyse data to provide sourcing recommendations to support global manufacturing strategies
- Develop and own sourcing strategies for direct materials (raw materials / packaging).
- Negotiate product costs & MOQ’s ensuring they are within agreed margin guidelines, and stock targets.
- Manage all year round demand and replenishment programs.
- Create and maintain a database of various suppliers that can be used in the future for new products, second sourcing and alternate supply.
- Deliver agreed cost reduction objectives, through value engineering and terms negotiation.
- Direct link between Own Brand team and Supply Chain, ensuring all product/stock/supplier decisions are communicated to the team.
- Review SLOB (Slow Moving & Obsolete) and aged stock, ensuring Marketing, Trading and Sales have a plan for any problem lines.
- Track, understand and predict commodity price movements to feed in to budget and purchasing strategies.
- Support Head of Buying where needed.
- Supplier performance KPIs are above targeted levels.
- Margin improvement through negotiation and value engineering.
- Stock Target
- Reduction of SLOB to agreed level
- Improvement of supplier terms/lead times/cost
- Contract negotiations, ensuring risk is mitigated
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in sourcing/purchasing or supply chain/manufacturing: 1-2 years minimum
- High level of commercial acumen, with demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong cross-functional working ability and confident to operate with stakeholders to director level.
- Evidence of strategy development, supplier management, analytical thinking and negotiation skills
- ‘Directs’ buying experience will be seen as a significant advantage.
- Ideally ‘degree’ level education in a business or commercial discipline.
- CIPS Educated or working towards CIPS may be seen as an advantage
- Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
- Rapid Promotion
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career