Information Security Analyst
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most influential online retail organisation.
A true Northern Powerhouse near Manchester, we operate over 100 high-profit websites that sell premium, non-perishable FMCG direct to consumer to the fast growing, global Health & Beauty markets via our in-house technology and operating platform.
The Hut Group is a major British export success story - a two time Sunday Times Profit Track 100 winner. The majority of our revenues come from sales of our own branded products, and 400 million visitors from 190 countries generating two thirds of our revenues from outside the UK.
Information Security and data protection are crucial to our business. If successful, you will be working with all areas of the business to identify and understand risks or security gaps while work with technical teams to prioritise remediation. This means performing risk assessments of internal systems and third party suppliers which have access to our customer data. All the time ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to mitigate any risks to the confidentiality, integrity or availability of our data. It is the Information Security Teams responsibility to provide governance of corporate policies & standards alongside presenting educational awareness training to all Staff so that that they understand the risks, threats and the counter measures we can use to keep the business safe.
Information Security and data protection is crucial to our business. You’ll be working with all areas of the business as you identify and understand risks and security gaps in the business while prioritising remediation. This means performing risk assessments of internal systems and third party suppliers which have access to our customer data to ensure that all appropriate measures are taken to mitigate any risks to the confidentiality and integrity of this data.
You will also be tasked with providing governance of information security policies & standards alongside presenting educational awareness training to all Staff so that that they understand the risks, threats and the counter measures we can use to keep the business safe.
- Provide advice based on the corporate standards and best practices to safely guide and support all staff passed the pit falls of cyber threats
- Regularly review all corporate standards and policies so that they remain applicable and relevant
- Help maintain The Hut Groups PCI DSS compliance status
- Work with Staff across the business to review current security measures are maintained and fit for purpose and adding new security controls where needed
- Working alongside project delivery teams to ensure that all plans include adequate security controls, documenting any gaps with the corporate policy and standards and ensuring appropriate mitigation plans are agreed and adhered to
- Continually work with the companies security risk assessment programme to improve and develop the process in identifying what risks there are; either with internal systems or with 3rd parties who store or access data belonging to The Hut Group
- Administer the company risk register and design reports to senior management highlighting what outstanding risks remain
- Deliver a robust training programme to improve the security awareness of all staff at The Hut Group’s.
Your role within The Hut Group may at times require you to access to sensitive data, including financial or personal data. Your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Candidates for the role should be self-motivated, logical thinking problem solver who is flexible and adaptive to a very busy work environment.
- You’ll need to be organised, have an inquisitive nature but with a positive attitude and be eager to learn. Excellent ability to communicate to all levels of the business, whether written or verbal, on a regular basis is essential.
- This is a great opportunity to develop the skills needed to progress in the Information Security field
- Having prior knowledge of what Cyber Security is, with an ambition to progress in the field of Information Security.
- Experience in working in a Technology department however this is not essential.
- A 2:1 degree or Exposure to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard would be of Knowledge of the data protection legislation
- A good knowledge and hands on experience in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Any knowledge of networking technologies would be a great addition.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems