Senior Operations Manager -Fulfilment - NIGHT SHIFT
- Plan and forecast capacity for shifts
- Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals
- Chair daily Management meetings
- Ensure housekeeping, GMP and BRC standards within your departments and warehouse are maintained
- Ensure that cost is considered with every action taken, cost has to be monitored and reviewed weekly with the General Manager
- Review processes regularly and lead projects for this
- Liaise with head office purchasing team for inbound schedule
- Forward planning using business forecast
- Support in the delivery of the disciplinary procedures (Capability, Conduct, Grievances and Absence Management)
- Meet regularly with buying team
- Liaise with Trading for future delivery schedule
- Liaise with NPD for new lines
- Regularly review the space layout for the pick locations
- Manage all aspects of the warehouse Inventory to achieve stock accuracy within all the warehouse UK and overseas
- Control and monitor all stock movement activity, ensuring all processes are completed in line with finance guides and authorization processes
- Manage the daily / weekly / annual PI counts ensuring that they are completed in line with finance and operation schedule
- Plan and execute full warehouse stock takes in line with Finance and Auditor requirements.
- Ensure stock integrity is maintained at all times
- Recommend and implement improved storage solutions and methods to reduce the shrinkage of stock through damages and theft
- Plan schedules to ensure staffing levels are maintained in line with budget while finding opportunities for improvement
- The monitoring and efficient reporting of all stock issue to the areas of the business required to assist in the quick rectification of problems
- Manage in a logical manner the organized storage of inventory goods to assist in a fast and efficient dispatch operation
- Monitor the handling of stock by other departments and instruct / advise better working practices when required.
- Ensure all stock line area stored safely and in line with goods health and safety practices
- Manage staff performances to ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI`s) are reached
- Work with other areas of the business to assist with effective problem solving with the goal of improving stock integrity
- Manage staff training, giving support and setting up action plans and schedules for staff training
- Manage the housekeeping of the WMS system, ensuring system records are up to date and any issues are addressed or reported
- Work closely with all other warehouse department managers to ensure maximum efficiency is achieved for the company
- Work with all other business sectors to assess, install, integrate and use effectively our warehouse management system in all areas
- Provide accurate management information
- Lead, Manage and Motivate a busy team to agreed standards
- Be active in identifying problems and solutions to rectify issues
- Encourage employee participation in continuous improvement and coach associates in quality tools and methodologies
- Identify key members of the team for development, by matching people and opportunities to promote succession planning
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire.Due to continued expansion, THG is looking to recruit a Senior Operations Manager for the Night Shift, with previous experience working within a Semi-automated/automated Distribution environment.
Reporting directly to the General Manager; you will be leading a team of up to 6 direct reports and team size of 150, managing the shift performance, ensuring operational targets are met and customer experience is delivered.
Main Activities / Tasks:
- Have at least 5 years People Management experience and line management experience within distribution background
- Have worked in an automated/semiautomatic environment
- Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth, whilst managing the day to day.
- Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Ability to cope with an environment that’s operational 24/7.
- Be fluent in English. Both verbally and written communication, including report writing skills
To be considered for this role you will need to:
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business