Project Engineer (Civil/Engineering)
Project Engineer (Civil/Engineering)
Burtonwood, England, United Kingdom THG Projects
The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business.
This role involves working within the THG Projects Team to manage multiple engineering/civil projects within an extensive project portfolio. You will be responsible for the full project lifecycle using established and best practice Project management Tools & Techniques.
- Deliver and co-ordinate packages of work in accordance with relevant local legislation, THG and site regulations, to ensure inherently safe plant and equipment, proper environmental protection and safety of personnel.
- Support the Project Manager and align with the agreed, clear and well defined scope in advance of any project execution
- Ensure that projects are delivered in line with expectations particularly in terms of budgets, timings and ramp up
- Form strong, professional working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, which may also include varied groups of sub-contractors
- Successfully ensure day to day delivery of projects in relation to the agreed schedule of works and approved budgets
- E2E delivery of smaller scale capital projects, supporting Project Managers in generating the relevant cost estimates and schedules
- Co-ordinate contractors as necessary to deliver agreed scope of works within the project in the most value-added manner available.
- Prepare project documentation as per regulatory requirements to both THG and industry standards
- Provide technical assistance to the THG Engineering departments during early phases of the project to assist in preparation of outline designs and schemes for feasibility studies and project assessment
- Assist in establishing best practice through the introduction of relevant Standards, Specifications, Procedures and Practices
- Collating information from all project update sessions, which can be used within post project LFE sessions
- Ensure all Technical Documentation either created or modified is managed through the relevant THG quality procedures and also aligns with industry standards for document control
- Promote a professional working culture and ethic within the THG Project department
To be considered you will need to have
- A degree in Engineering or manufacturing
- Previous experience within project management and the implementation of projects - Ideally from within FMCG, Foods or Engineering disciplines
- A developing knowledge of the E2E Project Management process in line with an affiliated body such as APM, PMI or PRINCE2
- Incorporated Engineer, or evidence or working towards the relevant professional membership
- Previous experience in cross functional complex and diverse projects
- Good IT Skills - able to operate at high competence level in MS Office suite – particularly PowerPoint, Word & Excel
- Confidence to present and chair weekly meetings, which will also include delivering updates to the relevant Project Managers and the Group Head of Projects
Appreciation of the below would be advantageous:
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business