Project Manager (Civil/Engineering)
Project Manager (Civil/Engineering)
Burtonwood, England, United Kingdom THG Projects
The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business.
This role involves working within the THG Projects Team to manage multiple engineering/civil projects within an extensive project portfolio. You will be responsible for the full project lifecycle using established and best practice Project management Tools & Techniques.
- Prepare, manage and deliver projects in accordance with relevant local legislation, THG and site regulations, to ensure inherently safe plant and equipment, proper environmental protection and safety of personnel. Use relevant Risk assessment methods.
- Agree a clear and well defined Project Management Plan, in advance of any project execution
- Budget ownership and precision cost control, also ensuring relevant tendering and procurement
- Ensure that projects are delivered in line with expectations particularly in terms of budgets, timings and ramp up
- Prepare and present detailed business payback case supporting documentation for any required capital spend
- Set and agree with direct reports realistic targets to ensure projects are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Review project and technical implementation and documentation with customer and suppliers
- Facilitate the generation and formal sign off of scope and manage change via a recognised Change Control process model
- Lead and manage multiple complex capital projects in line with THG CapEx Management process
- Manage contractors as necessary to carry out the design and implementation of the project in the most value-added manner available.
- Prepare project schedules, cost estimates and project documentation when required
- Provide technical assistance to the THG Design and development teams during the early phases of the project to assist in preparation of outline designs and schemes for feasibility studies and project assessment
- Manage the relevant teams through the installation, testing and commissioning of all infrastructure and equipment related to the projects you are responsible
- Embed best practice through the introduction of relevant Standards, Specifications, Procedures and Practices
- Instigate and manage efficiently all post project activities through close-out which will also include the relevant LFE sessions
- Support the ‘Group Head of Projects’ to deliver and embed strategic delivery company wide
To be considered you will need to have:
- A degree in an Engineering or Civil discipline
- Experienced in project management and the implementation of multiple complex projects in parallel - Ideally from within FMCG, Foods or Engineering disciplines
- Clear understanding of the E2E Project Management process in line with an affiliated body such as APM, PMI or PRINCE2
- Chartered Engineer, or evidence of working towards chartership
- Strong experience in cross functional stakeholder management in highly complex and diverse projects, with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong I.T. Skills - Able to operate at high competence level in MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Microsoft Project
- Confidence to present project updates, and chair stakeholder forums which may also include audiences at board level
- Strong experience in holding people accountable – peers, contractors, suppliers
Appreciation of the below would be advantageous:
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business