Group Financial Controller
The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.Due to continued expansion, THG is looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller to ensure that all external financial reporting is completed on an accurate and timely basis across the group, to deliver best practice in integrating new acquisitions into the group, with consistent accounting principles application
Summary of main responsibilities:
- Co-ordination of the annual report for the Group
- Ensuring the filing of all subsidiary statutory accounts on a timely basis
- Key stakeholder on new acquisitions, to support review of accounting policies and ensure alignment with the group post acquisition
- Liaison with auditors
- Technical accounting expert for the group
- Liaison with other key finance and group functions, including tax, legal, M&A etc.
- Own Consolidation for the Group with key links into Financial Planning
- Proactively working to improve the financial reporting processes and controls within the function and management of process documentation
This is a highly visible and important role within an established Finance team with excellent scope for progression.
To be considered you will need to have the following Key qualifications and experience:
- ACA or CIMA qualified accountant, with at least two years PQE
- Proven, hands-on experience of management reporting in a large and complex business.
- Analytical, quick to grasp the fundamentals of a business and have strong communication skills.
- Must have excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-moving and changeable environment.
- A proactive attitude and desire to challenge the status quo
- An ability to build strong relationships with senior commercial management
- A 1st / 2:1 Degree in Maths, Finance or Accounting is desirable
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business