Group Financial Accountant Role
The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.Due to continued expansion, THG is looking to recruit a Group Financial Accountant to work closely with the Group Finance Director & Financial Controller. You will be focused on the ongoing delivery of THG's growth strategy. This role will strengthen the preparation of Statutory and Regulatory Group Financial Statements ensuring high levels of accuracy and maintaining adherence to the Financial Control Framework.
- Lead the preparation of Statutory and Regulatory Group Financial Statements completing this reporting to high levels of accuracy and maintaining adherence to the Financial Control Framework.
- Support the wider team on finance strategic projects and on commercial projects ensuring financial reporting reflects commercial outcomes.
- Lead preparation of all Group Financial Statements ensuring adherence to IFRS.
- Define, analyse and interpret group Financial Management information in order to provide insightful analysis to senior management.
- Deliver on finance strategic projects and participate in those projects to deliver relevant reporting.
- Participate in creating any new reporting and technical accounting requirements that arise out of new commercial or changed commercial agreements or products.
- Ownership of annual audit process
- Ownership of preparation of IFRS consolidation
- Ownership of preparation of subsidiary statutory accounts in accordance with FRS101
- Ownership of preparation of judgemental papers for audit
- Ownership of developing accounting systems and policies
- Ownership of preparation of the monthly management accounts pack
- Ownership of ad hoc financial reporting projects
- Ownership of Corporation Tax computations
- Development and ownership of fixed asset accounting for the Group
To be considered you will need to have the following Key qualifications and experience:
- ACA or CIMA qualified accountant, with at least two years PQE
- Proven, hands-on experience of management reporting in a large and complex business.
- Analytical, quick to grasp the fundamentals of a business and have strong communication skills.
- Must have excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-moving and changeable environment.
- A proactive attitude and desire to challenge the status quo
- An ability to build strong relationships with senior commercial management
- A 1st / 2:1 Degree in Maths, Finance or Accounting is desirable
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business