M & A Executive
The Hut Group is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform and disruptive business model.
Our culture is fast-paced and risk-taking - we like to move twice as fast as any normal person thinks is reasonable. That's how the company operates and it is part of the DNA that has led to our incredible growth.
The Hut Group's Mergers & Acquisitions team is highly influential - shaping the Group's strategy by extending it's global reach. We are one of the most acquisitive privately owned companies in Europe having completed 30+ acquisitions since 2009, including six acquisitions so far in 2017 alone.
We hire winners and relentlessly promote from within, seeking bright, passionate and competitive people who can fit our meritocratic, entrepreneurial and performance culture in support of THG's drive to build the world's #No1 online destination for Health & Beauty.
We seek to hire a well rounded, financially literate and ambitious high flyer as M&A executive to help deliver both execution & origination:
The core focus of the role will be on deal execution:
- managing the due diligence process, liaising with THG operational teams, external advisors and the sell-side team;
- analysing financial and commercial information for presentation to internal stakeholders;
- identifying deal issues and working with THG teams and the seller to resolve wherever possible;
- preparing acquisition papers for board, shareholder and bank approval (where necessary);
- review of and input into the purchase agreement and ancillary acquisition documentation; and
- balance sheet analysis for use in determining completion mechanics (completion accounts, locked box mechanisms, normalisation of working capital and identification of net debt items).
THG is an increasingly international business - currently 70% of revenue is generated internationally. The M&A strategy is focused on continually growing THG's international reach and as such acquisitions are sourced from all over the world. This is a vital part of the role:
- maintaining a database of acquisition targets and a bank of intelligence collated by the team;
- liaising with the global advisor community to ensure THG are front of mind and involved in all relevant sales mandates; and
- identifying targets based on desktop research and liaising with the various trading teams internally to evaluate potential acquisition opportunities.
- Corporate Finance M&A or TS experience preferred
- CIMA/ACA qualified
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Commercial acumen
- Team work
- Drive and enthusiasm
Great progression opportunity