Health and Safety Co-ordinator
Environmental Health & Safety Co-ordinator
The Hut Group:
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, ESPA, Illamasqua, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
Due to expansion, THG is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Co-ordinator who will be responsible for ensuring compliance with workplace Environmental Regulations.
You will be responsible for;
- Assist in the delivery of the site’s health and safety plan.
- Pro-actively monitor and challenge standards to promote continual improvement.
- Performing weekly Health and Safety audits at all warehouse and production
- Relaying findings back to the Health and Safety Manager and local management teams.
- Implement immediate corrective actions and overseeing all further preventative and corrective actions to eliminate root causes.
- Advise and support all colleagues of their statutory duties within their areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the development of the company Health and Safety Management system.
- Reporting all health and safety issues or near misses to the Health and Safety Manager and local management teams.
- Assist in the development & implementation of policies and procedures.
- Raising health and safety purchase orders.
- Assist with health and safety administration.
- Performing routine racking inspections across all warehouses.
- Undertaking risk assessments for all new machinery and processes and reviewing current risk assessments.
- Liaise with HR and Operations teams to undertake individual risk assessments at all warehouses and Head office to aid return to work / amended duties.
- Conducting and reviewing COSHH assessments.
- Assisting in Fire risk assessments process.
- Performing weekly Fire alarm and routine emergency lighting testing when required.
- Coordinating Fire evacuation drills.
- Coordinating first aid and fire marshal teams.
- Performing accident, incident and near miss investigations.
- Producing weekly reports for the management team.
- Filing of documents.
- Liaising with EL Claim Handlers.
- Undertake noise monitoring.
- Updating notice boards.
Key skills /experience:
To be considered for this opportunity you will effectively need to demonstrate that you have
- Good communication skills and the ability to influence change.
- Experience of managing and supporting a Health and Safety function.
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations.
- Keen problem solver
- Logistical mind
- Good IT skills
- Good sourcing experience
- Ability to work in standalone role and as part of a team.
- Experience of a warehousing or food production would be an advantage.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent. / Working towards NEBOSH Diploma
You will be based at our Distribution centre in Warrington but will also need to be flexible with regards to travel as you will be required to travel to other THG sites.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with the best in the business