Senior People Manager (Senior HR Manager) for Operations & Manufacturing
Do you have experience managing an HR Team in an e-commerce / warehousing environment?
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire.Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit a Senior People Manager to oversee the People (HR) team based at our distrubution and manufacturing facilities. The Senior People Manager will be required to lead the team that provides customer focused, comprehensive and pragmatic people advice and support to Managers and Employees in line within organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements.Main Responsibilities:
- To lead the team on the management of casework, robustly, in all areas of business ensuring correct procedures and guidelines are adhered to.
- To co-ordinate the activity of the People Team to ensure best practice at all times
- To develop coach and support the People Team to ensure high standards and performance levels. Manage performance and act as the initial point of escalation.
- Provide specialist People Advice in complex cases in relation to People policy, practices and procedures, complex T&Cs employee relations matters, lifecycle events, performance management and reward & benefits.
- Support line managers with the management of high risk ER cases by advising, influencing and coaching on how to proceed following best practice and ensuring compliance with employment law ensuring the appropriate advice is being given by the People Advisors.
- Provide policy, practice and procedural coaching and advice to the People Team to develop individual competence and overall service delivery which will highlight strengths and weaknesses of the individual team members.
- Provide absence cover for the Head of People Advisory as required.
- Support the L & D Director in their efforts to continually improve the service delivery of People Operations.
- Provide hands on support to the People Operational teams e.g. at peak times.
- Ensure the People Teams work area is clean, secure and well maintained at all times.
- Lead through to successful completion adhoc projects as requested by Head of People Advisory.
- Collaboratively work with the Head Office People Team to ensure and maintain a high quality professional service communication and information exchange being a pivotal required.
- Handle complex/ high risk ER cases as escalated from our People Advisors.
- Provide proof-reading expertise to People team in the issue of all documents and correspondence
- Establish and implement effective and efficient People processes which ensure the highest level of service to the Group and to external parties
- To keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and people best practice, knowledge sharing within the team to ensure continuous development and improvement in the service offered
- Absence – produce monthly absence statistics to Depot Managers, and am confident in high lighting long term sickness and correct procedural practice, including detailed knowledge with Absence Policy and Procedure. Attending home visits and assisting with Occupational Health requests.
- People reports – extensive knowledge with the People system, able to write and create reports, and additional People pages. Provide adhoc reports to all members of management upon request and support the People Advisors.
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office packages
- Take responsibility for personal performance and the development of personal skills to ensure the required skills, knowledge and competence to fulfil the role
- Encourage and promote the values of The Hut Group and to comply with the required standards of conduct and so promote the Group by acting with integrity and honesty
- Ensure that all work is completed in a priority basis, and work meets a high degree of professionalism, quality and craftsmanship
- To continually look for ways to develop and improve the People service that the team provides
- Key Skills and Requirements
- For this role it is absolutely essential that you have some experience managing a team of HR professionals in manufacturing / warehousing / e-commerce and that you have managed HR cases.
- CIPD Qualified · ·
- Good working knowledge of current employment law · Substantial generalist HR experience · Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality · Action orientation – demonstrate a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action · Thrives in a fast paces, challenging environment
- You should also be happy to commute to our Warrington Distribution Centre daily with some occasional visits to overseas Distribiution Centres
- Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
- Real responsibility from the start of your career at THG
- Rapid Promotion to Leadership
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career
- An exciting, fast paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business