Head of Operational Excellence
Head of Operational Excellence
Based Warrington, CheshireDescription
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit a Head of Operational Excellence, with experience in automation and large-scale distribution to oversee and manage quality, labour planning, flow, inventory management and continuous improvement teams, that monitor activity across the warehouse. This opportunity is based at our main distribution centre in Warrington and reports into the Head of UK Fulfilment.
- Ensure that quality, labour planning, flow, inventory management and continuous improvement teams are all working effectively together to ensure the efficient execution of all areas of fulfilment operations.
- Effectively manage these functions to ensure they are delivering site targets, using appropriate reporting tools to ensure performance meets the required standards. Identify and implement improvements and countermeasures where required.
- Responsible for the work flow strategy & management of system parameters to ensure optimal flow of product throughout the systems
- Drive cross functional working as one team to ensure delivery of site KPI’s working at every stage to exceed customer experience expectations
- Manage root cause analysis, corrective actions and sharing of best practice across all appropriate areas of the operations Function
- Drive regular reviews of operational process, labour plans, the maintenance and review of SOP’s and optimisation of fulfilment operations
- Develop core processes to improve business & operational efficiencies across fulfilment operations to deliver growth and scalability (Internationally)
- Standardise and Simplify operations and supply chain systems to maximise functionality, scalability and efficiency.
- Develop system user requirements, identifying opportunities in all process work streams. Works with process development team to deliver automated process solutions that match the Business Requirements
- Develop teams in continuous improvement, raising quality and driving efficiencies
- Support culture of CI initiatives including Lean, 5S’s etc
You will also be required to
Lead the team and co-ordinate, prioritise, implement and monitor activity across all fulfilment operations with stakeholders for the following activities:
- Process development (technology)
- Engineering (Physical)
- HR/ Labour Planning
- Supply Chain Excellence
- Control Room / Flow
To be considered for this role, located in Warrington Cheshire, you will need to have:
- Demonstrable large-scale WMS experience within a warehousing and logistics / FMCG or manufacturing environment.
- Analytical ability to structure and solve problems, including diagnostic and trouble shooting skills
- Excel at using metrics, monitoring and alarming to measure and improve the operational processes and performance.
- Good commercial acumen and ability to accurately forecast, produce and cost control budgets
- Motivational leadership, interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to lead, coach and develop team at senior levels
- If you also have prior experience in in-house development of Warehouse Management Systems/WCS/MFC and integration this would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with Agile methodologies and / SCADA/BMS management experience / Experience with automated material handling equipment would also be beneficial.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and a team player
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, deal with conflicting priorities or ambiguity and good problem- solving skills
You will also need to be flexible and adaptable, comfortable working in a high pressure fast-paced and exciting environment.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business