People Advisor (HR Advisor)
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit a People Advisor (HR Advisor) to provide HR support on all aspects of operational HR across Head Office, and wider group businesses. The People Advisor will maintain influential relationships with relevant stakeholders within THG, ensuring an excellent quality and coverage of HR support at all times. The role holder will provide HR support for group wide projects as assigned by Head of People/People Manager.
This post would suit a dynamic and adaptable HR professional who is eager to excel in their career, and confident with operating in a fast paced, change environment.
This is a mobile position based at our headquarters in Northwich, but you will need to be flexible with regards to travel as you will be managing teams based at other remote offices.
You will be required to manage the following key areas:
- Take responsibility for the management of all core ER cases across business areas including; all sickness cases, flexible working requests, performance management plans, grievance and disciplinary processes.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff and managers as required
- Liaise with People Manager to ensure appropriate support is provided to THG on senior or complex ER issues
- Champion the development of people management skills within the Group
- Management of Maternity/Paternity & Adoption across business areas
- Coach and influence managers from a people perspective, developing their people management/leadership skills and constructively challenging inappropriate behaviors/actions
- Mange all formal performance management cases across the Group, and actively coach managers to handle performance cases on an informal basis where necessary
- Ensure all cases of formal performance management are documented and recorded in line with internal audit requirements
Training & Development
- Work closely with THG Academy to ensure that development programs from a HR perspective are fit for purpose and relevant for THG
- Take ownership of delivering HR programs delivered via THG Academy, to ensure THG managers are getting the required people management skills they need in order to effectively manage their teams
- Work closely with the People Analytics & Insight team to develop robust people reports for the business.
- Work closely with the team administrators to ensure an accurate and timely input of all payroll information on to the system in line with deadlines.
- Support the delivery of the local induction as required
- Support managers through the probation period of all new joiners to the business, regularly reviewing how probations are completed and areas that can be improved in to aid retention in THG
- Where required support the wider People team across all sites in the business in providing day to day and cover in the absence of other team members
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following Skills & Experience
- At least two years HR advisory experience
- Experience advising managers and stakeholders on HR policies and procedures
- Experience of dealing with all levels of staff in a persuasive and credible manner
- Strong techinical skills and a good working knowledge of current employment legislation
- Strong listening and problem solving skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Shows a strong commitment to understanding the business and meeting stakeholder needs
- Proactive and responsive demeanour to adapt to changing needs of the business
- Preferably Level 5 CIPD as a minimum requirement
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business