Head of UK Customer Fulfilment
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire that is open 24 /7 364 days a year.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit a Head of UK Customer Fulfilment, with experience in automation and large-scale retail distribution to effectively manage customer fulfilment (inbound and outbound) operations and the teams that look after value added services, B2B operations, and operational excellence at our state of the art Fulfilment Centre in Warrington.
The Head of UK Customer Fulfilment will report to the Director of Customer Experience and will be responsible for Site strategy and delivery. You will be required to oversee fulfilment for all customer orders for UK and international destinations by effectively managing the entire site across all THG brands via the relevant teams.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the UK fulfilment operations which will include:
- Ensuring that all staff on site can operate in a safe working environment
- Planning future capacity requirements for both headcount plus inventory for both peak periods and off peak.
- Responsible for continuous improvements in our UK operation which will include further automation and innovation.
- Overseeing operations to ensure fulfilment (inbound and outbound) are all operating at maximum efficiency and quality
- To deliver and exceed performance plans as agreed in annual budgets, including Profit & Loss, Operating costs and Stock targets
- To improve site contribution through control of Labour, Packaging and overheads and the delivery of efficiency improvement targets and cost reduction programmes
- Support the development of appropriate systems and procedures to improve and sustain site Quality of service.
- Lead the Operations Team and develop and motivate your direct reports to ensure they achieve their personal goals in line with business objectives
- Manage the daily / weekly / annual PI counts ensuring that they are completed in line with finance and operation schedule
- Work with technology division and operations team to further develop and effectively improve our warehouse management system
- Identify key members of the team for development, by matching people and opportunities to promote succession planning
- Ensuring that standards for fulfilment are not just maintained but continually improved and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize output and reduce cycle times.
- Ongoing investment management – ensure that all fixed assets are maintained and preserved and that safety standards are world class.
To be considered for this role you will need to have
Experience managing operations in an automated fulfilment / e-commerce / FMCG environment
Experience of P&L with a strong understanding of setting budgets and operational plans
Good track record managing, leading, motivating and driving large teams
Ability to make decisions under pressure, solve problems in a calm and efficient manner and to prioritise effectively
Excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence to articulate clearly and to influence/ challenge key stakeholders within the business.
You will also need to have a strong commercial awareness, ability to manage finances and balance cost versus quality
Awareness of Health and Safety Regulations
Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques
Flexibility and ability to work weekends and/or overnight shifts as requiredBenefits
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business