Head of Inbound / Outbound Operations
Head of Inbound / Outbound Operations
Based Warrington, CheshireDescription
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centres.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit a Head of Inbound / Outbound Operations, with experience in automation and large-scale distribution to effectively manage inbound / outbound customer fulfilment operations at our Fulfilment Centre in Warrington.
Reporting directly to the UK Head of Customer Fulfilment, you will be responsible for leading a team of up to 6 direct reports and overall team size of up to 150, ensuring operational targets are met and customer experience is delivered.
You will be required to
- Ensure that inbound / outbound operations are all operating efficiently, safely and that quality standards are met so that customers receive an excellent experience.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Work with the Learning and Development team to ensure that all staff involved in inbound / outbound operations receive training so that they can all operate safely, efficiently and deliver an excellent quality customer experience
- Review work forecasts and determine resource required to meet the inbound objectives
- Work closely with Head of Outbound / Inbound Operations to ensure that there is a good balance in terms of resource allocation
- Ensure housekeeping, GMP and BRC standards within your departments and warehouse are maintained
- Monitor costs associated with inbound / outbound operations and review weekly with view to reducing costs
- Support Senior Operations Managers and Shift Managers where required with disciplinary procedures
- Manage the daily / weekly / annual PI counts ensuring that they are completed in line with finance and operation schedule
- Manage staff performances to ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI`s) are reached
- Work with other areas of the business to assist with effective problem solving with the goal of improving stock integrity
- Manage the housekeeping of the WMS system, ensuring system records are up to date and any issues are addressed or reported
- Work closely with all other warehouse department managers to ensure maximum efficiency is achieved for the company
- Work with all other business sectors to assess, install, integrate and use effectively our warehouse management system in all areas
- Provide accurate management information
- Lead, Manage and Motivate a busy team to agreed standards
- Be active in identifying problems and solutions to rectify issues
- Encourage employee participation in continuous improvement and coach associates in quality tools and methodologies
- Identify key members of the team for development, by matching people and opportunities to promote succession planning
RequirementsTo be considered for this role you will need to have:
- At least 5 years People Management experience and line management experience within distribution background
- Worked in an automated/semi-automated distribution environment
- Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth, whilst managing the day to day.
- Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Ability to cope with an environment that’s operational 24/7.
- Be fluent in English. Both verbally and written communication, including report writing skills
- Flexible and willing to work weekends / shift patterns where required.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business