Based Warrington, CheshireDescription
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centres.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit a Returns Manager to co-ordinate Returns activities and ensure that operations in this area meet and exceed daily performance expectations. You will be required to lead and support the team so that all returns are processed accurately & efficiently.
The Main Responsibilities are as follows:
- Critically analyse the performance of existing returns practices and processes and make recommendations for improvements as applicable and in line with BRC standards.
- Working with external couriers and planning to ensure that you have the optimum resource to deliver an efficient and cost effective returns service.
- Work with Team Managers to assign tasks, coach employees; communicate job expectations; monitor KPIs, conduct appraisals and ensuring staff adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Contributing information to site operation plans and reviews; work with technical, production and outbound operations to reduce returns and improve productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Interface with internal customers as the subject matter expert, answering questions, problem solving and liaising with buyers/suppliers over product development opportunities.
- Undertake people management and development activities including holiday planning and performance appraisals.
- Facilitate weekly Team Briefs to ensure all members of team are provided with updates on performance and areas where they need to focus on.
- Ensure that all staff working in returns are operating safely.
- Identify training needs, implement appropriate actions and complete any related training documents, to ensure flexibility within department.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Proven work experience in a Returns Function in an retail/e-commerce operation
- A track record of people management with proven leadership and motivational skills
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise and execute based on urgency
- Be fluent in English. Both verbally and written communication, including report writing skills
- Flexible and willing to work weekends / shift patterns where required.
- 5s/Kaizen/Lean Methodology experience
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business