The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand. THG’s plans for 2017 includes further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, acquisitions and international expansion. In the the US, THG has Distribution / Fulfilment centres in Kentucky and Nevada.
Due to expansion, the company is looking to recruit a Logistics Executive to manage couriers that deliver parcels to customers and move stock between our distribution centres, manufacturers and suppliers.
Your primary focus will be to ensure that customers recieve orders swiftly and that stock is delivered to and from the warehouses efficiently and at reasonable cost. You will work with external 3rd Party Logistics companies and freight forwarders to ensure that inbound and outbound transport for THG is delivered in as efficient and cost efficient manner as possible. This is an exciting but challenging role where you will be required to work with existing 3PL partners and can also seek out new solutions and partners where this will benefit the business.
- To ensure that THG’s customers experience the best possible service from our logistics partners
- To develop excellent working relationships with our global 3PLs and an excellent understanding of current network and key partners as well as negotiate service deliverables and cost savings.
- To optimise the mix of costs and service in line with the business expectations
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Dealing with queries from Freight Forwarders regarding shipment of imported and exported goods
- Ensure the business is compliant with regulations relevant to Logistics and maintain an up to date knowledge and implementation of import legislation, shipping and documentation requirements for transporting products globally
- Ensuring that all customs instructions are correct and sent to agents within the appropriate timeframes for sea, air and road
- To work with centralised functions efficiently to ensure that any tasks that involving or affecting carriers – including payments, Customer Services, IT & Tech , Marketing, etc.
- Establish and produce monthly KPIs and management reports when necessary
- Ensure that queries from any other area of the business or other party are resolved in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail for use by authorities when necessary
- In line with THG logistics strategy, propose logistics change through presentation of strong business cases to be approved by senior stakeholders.
- Deliver logistics projects and business change through effective planning and coordination of all stakeholders internally and externally.
- Arrange and lead regular review meetings with all logistics suppliers to assess current performance, agree improvement opportunities and investigate business development initiatives.
To be considered for this role you will need to have
To be considered for this role you will need to have experience working with or for a Logistics Courier or freight forwarders and a very good understanding of logistics. You must also have an excellent understanding of all relevant import/export documentation, rules and regulations.
You should also have:
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Clarity in communication, as major problems could arise through inaccuracies
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
- Proven track record working in a similar role
- Highly Numerate/Analytical
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
You will also need to be based within a reasonable commute of our offices in Lindon, Utah.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your careerAn exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business