Internal Audit Manager
The Hut Group:
Built on a foundation of industry-leading technology, a world-class team and a scientific approach to building global brands, The Hut Group are fast becoming the world’s most important online retail organisation.
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
THG is looking to recruit an Internal Audit Manager to provide an independent appraisal of the Group’s internal control, risk management and governance systems as well as compliance with the statutory regulations. The role will report to the Group’s Audit and Risk Committee with day to day reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
* Direct and undertake a comprehensive audit of the Group’s functions, processes and projects in accordance with the Internal Audit Department Charter approved by the Audit and Risk Committee.
* On an annual basis prepare an audit plan using a risk based audit methodology and have this approved by the Audit and Risk Committee.
* Counsel and guide the audit team to ensure that audit assignments are carried out to high professional standards and within required timeframes.
* Liaise with stakeholders including the Group’s executive directors, senior management, and other assurance providers including the external auditors.
* Prepare and review audit scopes; communicate and agree these with department managers prior to commencement of audit work.
* Ensure performance of financial, operational, and support function audits to assess the adequacy, application and effectiveness of the Group’s internal control environment.
* Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group’s compliance function to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and other laws and directives applicable to its operations.
* Participate on a proactive basis in evaluating control areas of new systems, procedures and services prior to implementation or installation.
* Conduct ad-hoc audits, investigations and consulting assignments, as requested by management or as instances warrant.
* Ensure quality audit files and work papers are maintained for each audit to a high standard.
* Ensure completion of audit fieldwork within the time agreed with the Audit and Risk Committee.
* Analyse results of audit work and discuss findings with department managers, Heads of Departments or Executives.
* Report to management and the Audit Committee on matters arising from the internal audit assignments and recommend improvements.
* Report to the Audit Committee at least quarterly regarding work carried out during the period, progress with the annual audit plan and the overall state of the Group’s control environment.
* Prepare regular reports on the status of audits and the timeliness of implementation of audit recommendations.
* Annually produce an audit report summarising the work undertaken during the previous year.
* Achievement of the annual audit plan and other deadlines as required by the Audit and Risk Committee.
* Developing the audit function as an effective tool to enhance the control environment of the Group.
* Quality of risk and control issues identified and recommendations to management to improve the control environment.
* Quality of audit work papers and reports.
* Manages and drives the performance and engagement of direct reports to ensure the delivery of objectives.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following competencies, skills, knowledge and experience to undertake the role:
* Professional qualifications in Auditing (CIA / CMIIA) or accounting (ACA).
* Significant Senior Internal Audit experience.
* Highly analytical with sound judgement and assertive personality.
* Good oral and written communication and presentation skills. Ability
to communicate and work with staff of all levels and act with utmost
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Excellent time management and project management skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to manage relationships with stakeholders in a positive and constructive manner.
* Ability to operate with agility in a fast-paced environment.
* Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate the Internal Audit team.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business