Junior Buyer/Buyer - Branded Menswear
The Hut Group was founded on a desire to create an e-commerce system that could support multiple retailers. Today, our proprietary platform is used to manage over 100 websites, which we build, trade and market in-house. We are currently the World’s leading Online Sports Nutrition, Health & Beauty Destination with rapidly growing international operations and a unique end to end technology platform. Our immediate growth plans include significant investment in pioneering technology innovation, further acquisitions and international expansion.
The Hut Group is the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique end to end technology platform. The Hut Group Platform supports more than 140 million global website visitors, 5 million customers and 8 million orders dispatched worldwide across our market leading stores including www.thehut.com, www.iwantoneofthose.com and www.zavvi.com.
We are looking for a Junior Buyer, or Assistant Buyer ready for the next step in their career, to drive forward the fashion part of the business on Zavvi.com.
A positive attitude, the ability to react quickly, be proactive and use their own initiative to deliver results is key to success in this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the supply base to maximise sales and margins, developing the ranges and driving continual growth
- Continuing to grow the Geek and Music licensed clothing and accessories ranges
- Liaising with the trading team to make sure all products, ranges and promotions are planned and presented correctly
- Stock management through pricing and promotion, utilising our replenishment model to drive availability
- Developing promotional plans and obtain optimal space onsite, on emails and through affiliate partners
- Negotiating optimum trading terms with new and existing suppliers
- Ensuring all elements of the P&L are hit, including sales, margin and stock targets
- Completing regular competitor analysis to ensure our ranges and prices are in line with the current market
- The ability to coach, encourage and develop team members to reach their full potential within the business
- Recruiting new, aspirational fashion brands across clothing and footwear
- Previous experience within a Fashion Buying environment – 1 years minimum
- Experience in working with fashion brands
- Commercial awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing skills
- Experienced Microsoft office user, especially Excel
- Attention to detail
- Be proactive and use initiative to solve problems
- Be numbers focused, positive and enthused